Greenacres 2016 Fly-ins

Posted by cymaz on 23/05/2016 06:39:40:

Ouch, sorry to see that. Repairable by the look of it ?

Unfortunately Cymaz the surprising amount of damage internally means a rebuild is very unlikely. The crash basically ripped everything out of place damaging all the structure and twisted the whole airframe.

Posted by Martin McIntosh on 22/05/2016 18:36:57:

David A,

I meant this in the context that they would be able to allocate flying slots which RCME did not allow and rather cramped their usual style. No offence intended.

I'm not aware that the mag did that Martin? As far as I know they had no input to the running of the event at all?

BEB

Posted by Dylan Reynolds LaserCraft Services on 23/05/2016 22:35:30:

Just a few from me from Sunday, brilliant event again as always guys

**LINK**

Nice shot of me walking my broken plane back to the pits there lol.

Looks like i managed to record the reason for the crash. I might send this away to a claims company....'Had an accident that wasn't your fault!!' Haha.

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 23/05/2016 10:23:54:

Posted by Martin McIntosh on 22/05/2016 18:36:57:

David A,

I meant this in the context that they would be able to allocate flying slots which RCME did not allow and rather cramped their usual style. No offence intended.

I'm not aware that the mag did that Martin? As far as I know they had no input to the running of the event at all?

BEB

Martin,

RCM&E made no demands on the organisers for slots or otherwise. The running of the event was entirely left to the club. Please check the information you deem to make public before hitting the send button.

I've PM you.

Glad folks got some flying in on Sunday, great pics Dylan yes

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 24/05/2016 09:24:42

• 1 month later...

I'll be there - baring the absolutely unforeseen! Hotel booked etc., so sort of committed! Although due to some last second issues I did lose out on the Don Valley Fly-in at the last minute - but let's hope history does not repeat itself this time.

I'll be there even if the weather is rubbish - just to have chat etc if nothing else! And as others have said, its only Tuesday and forecasts 4-5 days ahead in the UK are notoriously difficult to get right, so they can get it very wrong! I certainly wouldn't be suggesting anyone writes-off going at this point.

BEB