Kit builders, what would you like???

I'm biassed to the Macchi C202 & 205, I don't know how anyone can resist the sweet combination of the: compound curved fuselage, scalloped razor back, generous fairing, narrow chord wings and pretty tail feathers, it's the perfect base for the wealth of different freehandable colour schemes. - I like it so much I've already made one!

I'm pretty easy on wing construction, the Yak wings have been a joy to work with and adapt to the extra bits and pieces that I wanted to include. The foam wings haven't come out heavy at all, I reckon that if you go to great lengths to keep a built up wing light then it can be built lighter but the built up wings on my ARTF's are significantly heavier.

I wondered whether vac forming proper fairings is practical but, having spoken to Jon, they can't take the abuse of ic engines, add to that the built up fairing on the Spitfire looks ace and building the fairing on the Yak was a nice little job.

Posted by Jon Harper - Laser Engines on 22/04/2016 21:07:44:
Posted by RICHARD WILLS on 22/04/2016 19:56:42:

Ah Jon , I hope youre not trying to lead the jury ?

The other guys want one too! Its not just me

Absolutely - the Whirlwind would 100% get my wallet open

(And the Tempest might just get me seeking a diesel head for a second hand laser .70 that's currently residing unemployed in the shed wink)

I think we have to let the thread run for while to let everyone get their wish in. Its not until we get a fair number of people contribute that we can make any kind of conclusion . Clearly if you are the only one that pipes up for a Westland Welkin , its unlikely that we will produce a kit , but if your second choice is one that keeps getting mentioned then that is the one you should back . So every one must chip in as it might be the thing for other people who havent yet spoken .

Tony Nijhuis does have a reasonable fleet that we dont really want to compete with , although if a different size

is desirable it could be considered . I dont have any hang ups on different nations so Axis or Allies is all good.

They are all effectively flying Ferraris , so what's not to get excited about , whatever flag they flew under?

I'd be in for an electric twin to be powered by something like .40 equivalents, so in the 70"ish wingspan. A De Havilland Hornet or a Douglas Invader (easy ground handling tri-gear!) would be my favorites. Or from the axis, a Focke-Wulf Ta-154 Moskito

Lorenz

(hopefully shipping to switzerland would not be more expensive than the kit...)

Edited By Lorenz Mueller on 23/04/2016 15:00:09

Posted by RICHARD WILLS on 23/04/2016 14:25:16:

Tony Nijhuis does have a reasonable fleet that we dont really want to compete with ,

In that case the P47, which I've always thought an odd omission from the T.N. stable, would be nice - and hopefully popular - and you can widen the appeal by doing razorback or bubble canopy variants. Or maybe a Wild/Bear/HellCat?

Posted by Hangar 9 nut on 23/04/2016 19:38:54:

Gloucester Gladiator for my Saito 90 r3 would be nice !

That would be about 6th scale? 65 inches ish?? I was thinking of one about this size for my laser 80 but no one makes one

What about a Stampe SR-7... ???

Only 3 full scale built by Stampe / Renard with the fuselage of an SV-4.

About 1600mm / EP or IC would be great.

The only existing model plan was draw by French designer Laurent Buissyne (Bulconcept).

stampe-renard-sr7_900.jpg

OK, right, I'm Belgian & leaving the classroom right away...

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Choice Control

Posted by Colin Leighfield on 23/04/2016 23:20:45:

Good one Matty, I've always liked the look of the Il-10.

The IL10 was a development of the IL2. The main difference was that the wing was swept back more on the IL10 in order to move the c of g forward to allow for the weight of the rear gunner who was usually a lightweight chap, sometimes a woman,

Let's look at the problem another way. How many sales of say a single engine scale model, would a kit manufacturer have to have in order to make a profit? If we knew this figure and a sufficient number were to pledge to buy say, an IL 10 kit, production could go ahead.

image.jpgWhile on Sturmoviks, after the Il-2 and 10, via the 1l-10 based 16, came the Il-20, what about this for something different! LAter they used the I-20 title for a four-engined transport, but this is the original. In the thumb-nails you can see the (ultimate)? jet-engined Sturmovik. So many fascinating subjects, although probably not all good commercial model prospects.image.jpg

Edited By Colin Leighfield on 24/04/2016 08:04:30