More4 film in Jersey.

simon barr

More4 are filming a new run of their Dog Walking series (I haven't seen it), and as part of this, they were featuring John Nettles (of Bergerac fame) walking around the north-west coastal path on Jersey.

As this is where our flying site is located, they asked if we would appear on the program and give John N a go on buddy box.

No problem... Anything to show ourselves off, so, the other day a few of us assembled at Les Landes with a variety of models.

For the aerial shots, they used a rather large multi-rotor, flown by one chap, whilst a second chap operated the on-board cameras from a separate Tx.

We haven't seen any footage yet, so hopefully, we will come across as the professional bunch that we are... wink

Here are a couple of pics...

2016-07-14 13.13.15.jpg

2016-07-14 13.13.48.jpg

2016-07-14 13.22.38.jpg

2016-07-14 13.20.05.jpg

I believe the series comes out in the new year.

Nice job smiley

As it happens, it was your club that got me back into the hobby after the obligatory break to do real life things for a couple of decades. I was on my honeymoon and on travelling around the island spotted the models flying and told my wife that I used to do a bit of model flying when I was a youngster and we went over to have a look. It struck me as a great hobby to take up as a Lad and Dad hobby and the rest is history - so thanks very much for that.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, this was shown last night...

Very badly edited... They had our Chairman, Brian, stating that to get into the hobby would cost about £4000.00..!

He was actually talking about the turbines that he and a couple of other members fly.

And then there is the added "buzzing" of an IC engine..! Certainly not mine, as it's electric, and the other model shown is petrol.

The only good thing to come from this, is that the beauty of our flying area and the Island in general came across quite well.

Oh well it was worth a try.

wink

Well at least you tried Simon. Sadly the 'media' are not noted for their ability to comprehend and accurately present anything "technical"...

Looks like this is a link to the prog. (Valid for next 29 days)

[Edit] Just trying to fast-forward through it to find the relevant bit - it's a bit of a pain that they force you to watch wait whilst the adverts play before you can fast-forward through the next bit.  Still 2:20 of ads before I can see part 2!

Edited By John Privett on 14/04/2017 13:07:38

Sorry i missed it on Telly.

And i will not be watching it on line,

Is it just me that hates it when we are asked for are Email details are age, gender and so on .

You can not even buy software in a shop any more and use it at home with out having a internet convention to register it then they want to know you're Email ,life story .

Come on wots going on with the world today. Wots next will i be asked for my details before i buy a chocolate bar.

Gees

Steve

Stephen - the joys of owning your own domain name are that you can use a customised, unique email address for every organisation you deal with. I think I registered with channel 4 some time ago, so wasn't asked again for my details. I probably "accidentally" gave them age/gender details that might not have totally correct when I registered...

One thing I find even dafter is those sites that insist you answer some random "survey" questions before you can access the site. Goodness-knows what the results they get are like, I'm sure I'm not the only person who simply selects the first option (no matter how wrong it is) to every question!

Anyway, back to the original subject! The flying bit starts at around 22:00 into the programme for anyone who decides to watch.

I haven't watched it yet but as with many TV programmes the editors don't really have a club what they are trying to edit and want to highlight the key scenes/words themes.

I saw one of the Idris Elba programmes being made a few years ago. It was Idris doing aerobatics at an air show in Coventry.

I was there all day, as were many hundreds of others and when it was aired several months later it had been falsely and manipulatively edited such that it didn't bare any resemblance to what actually happened. It put a whole new light on 'factual' type TV programmes.