Good TV item

Martin Harris - Moderator

Advert

Very good, Martin. A bonus for me was that Chris Hoy (sorry SIR Chris Hoy) was on the programme too and what a very genuine bloke he is and not at all like the aggressive personality he adopts on the track.

A lot a familiar faces of the aeromodelling feature at Cosford, too. Including a young lad who had his leg strapped up after a football injury who was at our Ashbourne scale day on Sunday last. Sorry didn't catch his name but Tim Hooper said he'd just passed his 'B'.

Geoff

Posted by Geoff Sleath on 02/11/2016 20:24:12:

.. a young lad who had his leg strapped up after a football injury who was at our Ashbourne scale day on Sunday last. Sorry didn't catch his name but Tim Hooper said he'd just passed his 'B'.

Geoff

That's Ryan Oakley. I was able to pass the news to him via his Facebook page in less than a minute of him appearing on TV. Clever, eh?

I thought the whole item was very positive - not belittling in any way. Not techy or nerdy - just blokes enjoying their hobby.

tim

Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 03/11/2016 01:13:16:

Although the site wanted to know if I had a TV licence.

Yes, in case you missed it, as of 1st September a TV licence is required to legally watch all iPlayer content - previously you only needed one to watch live content on iPlayer.

Currently the check is just done by asking you to say if you have a licence, there was a suggestion that in future the check may be a little more rigorous!