3D design

Tony Bennett

Well Tony what can we do to help?

Have you had a look at the layers (slices) that will be printed prior to actually sending it to the printer? Might help to see what is going wrong if you haven't:

curaview.jpg

As you move the slider up and down you can see how the layers will be built up.

If that doesn't help then perhaps you would like to send me the .stl file that is failing. I don't claim to be an expert but I'd be happy to have a look if I can spot anything.

Ian

Tony- clutching at straws but what is the thickness of the panel? Could it be less than the layer height? e.g. a .2mm thick panel with a .3mm first layer.

I had something similar with text not printing and that was due to the fact that I had not extruded the letters beyond the layer depth .

This would explain why you only see the holes when the panel is vertical.

Hi Tony.

Looks like you are getting the hang of it.

After reading one of your postings on another thread, I had a look at the GearBest website and after lots of indecision I hit the buy button on the Anet A8. I believe this is the same as yours.

According to the website, it will be coming from China so I hope I don't get stung for import duty. Did yours come from the UK?

At the moment I am playing with Fusion 360 which is quite a learning curve.

Geoff...

Posted by Colin Bernard on 22/01/2017 01:20:44:

Fusion 360 is currently free to hobbyists. The licence runs for a year and you can then renew it.

Colin, that sounds pretty interesting as long as its renewable. Do you know if its renewable over and over, or just the once?

Edited By Mannyroad on 24/01/2017 20:46:26

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted by David Holland 2 on 26/02/2017 19:31:18:

Geoff.......? I'm sure I am about to say something really silly, but the Mossie used Merlins which are V12s and you have 5 exhaust stubs. What am I missing?

David

That got me thinking, so I had a look on the interweb. Some mossies have 5 stubs, some have 6. So it must be to do with plane/ engine variants dont know