Mitsubishi Zero

This is looking nice John. Alan P is asking the very same questions as i am interested. IC or alternative?

Is that aluminium tape on the tail fillets?

Covering? Glassing? how will she be finished before paint.

Keep up the posting of major achievements during the build, we all enjoy a good build, even if you don't get many replies, many watch and enjoy because they can't help with the build.

bbc

Hi guys, thanks for the kind words. Although a bit late in the build, I'll post updates on progress as you suggested BBC !

The fairing on the tail is litho plate, a medium I used on the Chipmunk, prior to this build. I find it really good to work with. I'm using the recommended electric three blade set up as suggested by 4 max, I always finish my models with Poly C, sometimes directly to the wood and sometimes with glass cloth.

John

Zero 6Zero 5Golf was cancelled due to the weather this morning, so managing to put a good few hours in on the zero. Tail feathers on and gear in and tested. I used a much cheaper set of retracts and Oleo's than those offered by 4 Max, so I had to do a lot of surgery in the retract bay. A bit more effort in the build but a heck of a saving! Retract doors made out of balsa and covered in litho plate. Flaps and airelons up next.Zero 4

Flaps and ailerons fitted, really chuffed with the flaps. I normally have a bit of a nightmare trying to get flaps to sinque. However, everything is not sweetness and light! I've just managed to stick 7.4 v thru a new Reciever and blew it!! Only afterwards did I look and see a voltage range of 4.0 - 6.5 v. I've just changed over to 2.7 Ghz and for some reason thought they could handle a 2s lipo? £38 down the Swanny tells me otherwise! Bugger.Zero 7

• 2 weeks later...

Zero 12Zero 11Been a very quite week in the bunker. Kids been on half term and apparently I'm supposed to keep them occupied!!! What's that about?

Anyway no golf this morning due to weather (again) So time to sort the grunt up front out. On the plan it shows some lead in the nose, so to Try and get a bit more weight up there I've opted for two S3 4500amp in series instead of a 1 6s. Always a testing time connecting them up considering I solder my own series, parallel leads!!! No puff of smoke from the esc shows I did it right, I normally use a übec on anything over 40 amps draw, but I'm not this time. 70 amp Sbec keeps it simple. Hopefully will stick the prop on this afternoon and see how many amps it's drawing. Once that's done it's time to start sanding down, sanding sealer and Poly C. Zero 10

Your blog has had 994 views John, and if many are like me

They look through all the comments, more than once

And often don't feel qualified to comment

And look in detail at the pics that portray many techniques common to any build

The tail, the cowl, flaps, space for the lipos, the motor and all your airfix

Keep entertaining us

Edited By Denis Watkins on 25/02/2017 19:32:41

Carry on with it please John - you are doing great. I don't think many comments/questions get put on my construction blog, but hey that must mean that I am very good at describing what I am doing, and/or the photos cover everything adequately.

On the other hand, of course, I could be totally boring and the photos rubbish. Please don't tell me, just let me live in my own little pile of balsa dust and shavings..... laugh

Edited By maurice northcott on 26/02/2017 12:26:06

Edited By maurice northcott on 26/02/2017 12:26:47