Am I drinking too much?

ted hughes

Nigel- will do.

Jonathan- I'm not a builder.

30 years ago I had to be a builder- built a number of trainers,a 100s sailplane as well as a number of slope soarers including the ubiquitous Impala, Cambrian funfighters etc.but only because in those days if you didn't build a model, you didn't have one!

Now, I have forsaken glow fuel and balsa for electric and foam.I feel a bit guilty about this, but it is even cheaper than building models, and a lot quicker.

Posted by Devcon1 on 20/02/2017 22:49:49:

Ted,

That is really good to read and your openness in sharing your situation has possibly caused a bit of introspection amongst one or two readers of your post.

Well done and thank you for sharing.

Well Ted's post has certainly made me realise that I was drinking too much and as a result I have reduced my consumption quite a bit. I'm not going to claim that I don't drink at all, and I probably still drink more than the medical profession recommends, but I brew myself a cup of tea these days whereas previously I would have reached for the bottle.

I'm getting more modelling done too. smiley.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Nigel Day on 20/02/2017 20:08:43:

Wow, fantastic. I hope you manage to stick with it Ted. Please let us know how you're getting on in a week or two?

Hello Nigel, I am pleased to report that after 2 weeks and a bit I am doing fine, still quit, and more determined than ever never to start that nonsense again!