Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.

Depends Paul, in forum world no one can hear you scream!! laugh

Yes once it all gets going it will be fine, can't wait to start, but do have a few things to work out before hand such as flight battery position for this leccy version but removable nose cone is the obvious choice but will study it later.

It is a nice size but I have top rein in some of the scale parts ideas as I don't want to add too much weight, but you have to have details right?! wink

Just had a quick look at the model, I see there is probably room to go in behind the motors for the batteries in what would be the tank bays, my original thinking was to put bigger batteries in the nose of the Fuselage to ensure the weight was as far forward as possible, obviously we do not want leads that are too long but I will have to have a bit more of a study before I decide on the best way for my set up.

Posted by Nigel Dell on 08/03/2017 11:38:51:

Of course Graham, I need to sort out how to post pictures but I will taking plenty of those!

Are you doing a leccy one?

Hi Nigel,

Yes, mine is going to be electric.. I'm not expecting mine to land until Tue/Wed next week, so can't add to your initial observations.

About ten chaps have just got their kits , Can somebody post how to upload pictures in steps that non computer buffs can understand ? Otherwise Paul is going to go nuts talking to himself.

No mention of woofers or tweeters please .

Oh no ,

That was Hi FI .

I'll get back to organising my audio my cassette collection . (all c90s you know )

First of all get the pics from your camera onto your pc, make a folder called forum pics or something so you can find it quickly. save onto desk top for ease.

Then in the red line of menus at the top of the page in the forum once you are logged on , click on albums. you will then need to create an album and name it. usually the name of the model.

Leave it as public for now.

once the album is there you will see edit pictures, click it then click add new pictures 

click on choose file, there are five of these, you can only add 5 at one time.

Navigate to your folder with your pics in on your pc and double click on the ones you want to add.

You will have to do this five times per upload.

Click on upload pics.

once they have uploaded click on save changes at the bottom.

Ta Daaah.

In your post click on the black camera to add a pic.

Choose your album, and then click on the pic in the list on the right. recently added ones appear at the bottom of the list if you dont alter the file name, as they are numbered sequentially.

pic should appear in your post.

Click OK

Hope that makes sense , typed at work from memory.

D.D.

Edited By Dwain Dibley. on 08/03/2017 20:23:04

Edited By Dwain Dibley. on 08/03/2017 20:23:46

Well the box has not been opened today as I have a bit on but it is still at work with me and won't be going home until Friday night.

But I have scanned and printed off 3 extra plans to which I am adding the bomb release and bomb details along with the external details such as aerials etc.

I have brought with me the Eduard 1/48 scale Bf 110 E kit which I am in the process of scanning the relevant parts so I can enlarge to the correct sizes for the model and get the drawings done to help with the making of the plugs so I can mould the details.

I have managed to enlarge the stencils from the kit and they appear to have worked reasonably well so next job is to try to make water slide transfers of them, this project is an experiment of various different processes I wanted to visit / revisit .

I don't know about anyone else but I intend to cut the flaps out and have them working as this is fairly straight forward to do, the wings are very nicely made and with the channel cut out in the centre is plenty big enough to run the cables for the Aileron and flap servos and bomb release and lights and.............. see can get carried away!

I do have to decide on how much to do then stick to it all before I start the build otherwise it just gets out of control.

I am also fitting a sound system to this one, this is the first time for me and I have always regarded them as a toyish gimmick and a source of extra weight but having heard some of the later systems they do offer another dimension to the process so I will give it a go and see if I feel the same after flying it!

So there I am at the planning stage at the moment and once I start I will get the pictures together, not sure it will be a blow by blow build account as that could get a bit repetitive with others but may concentrate on the particular details pertaining to the electric version and scale details that I am going for.

Who else has theirs now?

Well my birthday present arrived today and as Paul has mentioned it was crammed with lovely goodies. Now as a Tortoise builder with a couple of small projects to complete first I didn't want to get to involved but just had to take a peek to ensure everything was there - well my story and I am sticking to it cheeky

Both the wood selection and laser cutting look excellent and was particularly impressed with the sturdy vac mouldings yes and unlike Paul's my wings didn't have the "optical illusion" of dents. So I have wiped the drool off and managed to get it all back in the box (just) for now and looking forward to the coming build. Ace

Im surprised more people arent having a go at the later G version night fighter . Cant get more menacing than this beastie.

On the 88 I made a radar nose and a plain nose that just stayed on with magnets . The test flying was done with no radar and once she was trimmed , off we went with the full Antler set , The actual aerials were made out of wire which was easy to bend back if knocked .

However the 110 has legs well forward so has little tendency to nose over . Would be easy to 3D print some quite flexible antlers too ,

Will you two quit with the big spinner talk! You sound like a pair of pervs!🤣😇😎😈👍🏻

I must admit I was torn between the two and found a nice F with big spinners.

Looking at the kit are the front cowls the different part of the nacell or is it the rears as well?

Sweep told Graham that if you stare at one of the Spiral spinners long enough it makes you go all weird , you go green and get googly eyes, Yes your'e right Sweep "Fragile " is about bloody right , I dont know whats in that pipe , but its not St Bruno either .The room smells like a Turkish Brothel .

pipe 3.jpg

Posted by RICHARD WILLS on 09/03/2017 22:45:56:

Sweep told Graham that if you stare at one of the Spiral spinners long enough it makes you go all weird , you go green and get googly eyes, Yes your'e right Sweep "Fragile " is about bloody right , I dont know whats in that pipe , but its not St Bruno either .The room smells like a Turkish Brothel .

pipe 3.jpg

Does it take you back Richard? laughdevil