Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.

Hi Guy's

I thought I would start a thread for the Bf 110 club in readiness for when they become available, no I don't know exactly but we can chew the cud until they arrive.

Sadly I am in the middle of a mobility problem with one of my hips and standing at a bench is a real problem for me at the moment so I have given the Doctor a month to sort it out!🤣😳

I have been wanting to do the 110 for a longtime now, just never got around to it, I did draw some plans and that was as far as it went.

My original want was bomb drop and I had settled on the 11 ZG 1 'Wespen' which has the Wasp nose art on the C's through to G' and various camo combinations dependant on the theatre of the war, but then I saw desert camo and then there was the Hungarian and Romanian markings, then the Luftwaffe night fighter in all black, but I do have a liking for the mottle fuz and splinter flying surfaces, so truth be known I am going to have to flip a coin.

At this moment I intend to go electric and a C version and intend to mould the spinners and if I can get the enthusiasm the wheels as an experiment to see if I can pull it off.

My lord I have found the tri motor 110! Trying to resist but at the moment but it certainly is different.

Enough rambling from me I will try to post some pictures in the next few days.

Nige.

Edited By Nigel Dell on 15/02/2017 18:30:33

Nigel,

I've ordered one via Mat, Model Monster on here, as I work abroad at the moment. It's easier for Mat to make arrangements for everything but as I've posted on the markings thread, we'll be ordering any and everything that's offered from Warbirds. I'd dearly love to bring the box out to where I am but getting the completed model would be impossible so the box will have to stay in the loft at home for a time.

I've not looked to far ahead but I'm sure I'll choose a Battle of Britain colour scheme, the brightest I can find to help me see it whilst flying. I'm sure I'll electrify it too, I've already got a La-7 in storage and I'll pop a Laser in that one.

Bucks.

i think its going to be quite exciting and it will be great looking at all the various versions we come up with.

For those who were considering fitting Laser 70's (This is not a sales pitch, there is no obligation to do so) there is good news and bad.

The good news is that they can and will fit. In fact they are shorter in cylinder height than the saito 45's i had in mind as a backup. The model will also be quite overpowered with them fitted so larger props (perhaps even 3 blade) can be used.

The bad news is that you are pretty much tied to an upright installation as its the only way to get the fuel tanks in. You may also need to move a former, cut a few bits and do a bit of a rejigging of the nacelle in a few area's. While i dont have final plans from Richard yet an early 'sketch' shows that the mods are far from rocket science but will be required to make it all work. Once the final plans are in i will do an overlay for the plan with my recommended tweaks should anyone decide to use Lasers.

I've just read your other post on the same subject so I'm in a quandary. Yesterday I was intending to electrify the 110 and Laser power the La-7. I need to talk over the choices with Mat over here visiting me for the weekend. Standby for more vacillation over the weekend. Tough, first world choices.

Thanks Jon for the ic info this is the sort of thing I had hoped for here.

Bucks

I have the LA 7 also which I am putting to one side for the 110 at the moment, I want to go i.c. as the sound will be superb, but I do know at the moment the electric version will be flown more as I have two fields to use one is most definitely electric only so it makes sense to go that way for now.

I have found another possible version that I am warming to and this is the F version from the Russian front same Waspen nose art but the Grey mottle and splinter camo and bombs off the wings and fuselage, you can't have enough of those!

Also it has the G spinners etc. so I have to decide and stick to it.

Looking forward to this now.

Just thinking out aloud guys.

Has every one who wanted a kit let Richard know what exactly they want included in the Kit bundle?

We all have talked about what version we my do but IF Richard hasn't had a List how does he know what to order up in terms of types of spinners, whether you want retracts?, Oleos, Wheels?, Motors? Props?

Otherwise we may end up leaving him with a stock of parts not needed and we are all aware of the tight financial constraints this hobby operates on.

Just thinking...

Edited By Paul Johnson 4 on 18/02/2017 18:14:09

If you want colour reference then Bf110 in Colour Profile 1939-1945 is a superb book by John Vasco and Fernando Estanislau. This is a Schiffer Military History book and worth every penny if you want to know about Bf110s. Not cheap but the colour plates are exquisite.

Have got the Dynam electric "Waspen". Also have LA7 still under construction. Keen to see Warbirds 110 - sucha graceful aircraft.

After a great weekend in Kiev where one of the main subjects of conversation was the Bf 110, decisions have been reached. I'm going to base mine on a generic Battle of Britain era plane, it may have a little liberal application of bright yellow to aid visibility. Mat is liaising on my behalf as I'm over here but we've both decided to buy every optional extra going. I'm going to power mine with a brace of new Laser 70's and use 3 bladed props as recommended by Jon to cut their power. I'll power my La 7 with batteries but both are ages away from being built so I'm not buying anything yet. Having said that, I'll buy the electric motor from Richard soon in case supplies dry up in the future.

I'm back in May so there will be a box waiting for me I hope, I'm watching with huge interest.

My birthday next week so Richards timing is perfect.gift

I too will be taking a full house of extras and IC powered. First choice would have been a pair of Laser 70's, however due to their size and in particular their length and the amount of re-working that would have been required to accommodate, I will be using a pair of ASP 61 4s. Colour scheme will be Mediterranean from a "C" based in Sicily.

More of a Tortoise when it come to building so will have the benefit of the Hares, plus I may well build an electric sports twin first to play around with to hone my single engine skills. I know Jon set up well there shouldn't be any issues but just in case wink. Although I find electric soul-less (ducks) it is possible to flick either motor on/off at will for practice, then recover with both if it all goes pear shaped.

Edited By Ace on 03/03/2017 11:31:42

Ace, im going to visit Richard today and see how much modification is needed. I think moving the firewall aft is all that will be needed and if so it will be dead easy. The height of the 70 is the same as the asp 61's so there is no issue in that regard. Clearly there is no obligation to use Lasers, i just dont want you being put off by thinking its more difficult than it is.

That said, if it is more complex than i thought i will let everyone know. All will be revealed later today

Ok time to come out the woodwork so to speak, have been reading / watching various posts with interest. Yes I've order a 110 from Richard, and mines going to be I/C with a pair of RCV 58 CDs as I personally think the laser 70s will be to big , and definitely way overpowered even using 3 bladers.The plan is to do mine as a 110E with Iraqi markings, sharks teeth and yellow nacelles, plus all the optional extras. So there you have it ,probably take me a while as I'm a slow builder. Just waiting now for Richard to contact me.
Cheers Graham.

Edited By gillyg1 on 03/03/2017 12:15:18

Hi Pete
No, website still the same.and your quite right, the only ref to the 110 is some accessories that Richard has put on there, as in the retracts and decal sets.
Wrt the ju88 I think there was a link to some club doing a build?
But yes the models are not on there as in kits section.
Cheers Graham