Spring is Here....

Advert

Posted by cymaz on 23/03/2017 21:14:03:

Take along swmbo to flying. Throw a surprise picnic.

If it were a SW or NW then we 'could' use that excuse; trouble is, with an easterly it will be an old WW2 airfield with views to match....... Would be safer lion taming than suggesting lol

just returned from spending a wonderful afternoon at our club site(BVRMC) the conditions were good apart from a cold/light wind coming off the sea..it was my first flight of 2017.there was approx. 15+ members there and it was good having a crack with them...... also a couple of crashes ...

ken Anderson...ne...1..... 2017 flying season dept.

Great days flying. First time for 2 weeks and although slightly breezy it was down the strip and I flew all 5 models I took totalling 9 flights.. About 15 of us there today and a few air cadets for an experience day.

Clocks forward tonight....superb!!

Hope you guys get some good stick time in after flinging off your winter garments wink

"Come, fill the Cup, and in the Fire of Spring
The Winter Garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To fly -- and Lo! the Bird is on the Wing."

bot & hawk.jpg

Got the Edge preflighted and in the car along with the Fusion. Got to the strip and there was no point putting the windsock out, we would have lost it. The two barden boys were playing with a crane bag intended for grass mowings. With it tied onto some plastic tape it made a passable kite. Went home without getting the planes out of the car!

Shaunie

Edited By Shaunie on 25/03/2017 21:54:01

Edited By Shaunie on 25/03/2017 22:02:28

Posted by john stones 1 on 25/03/2017 18:32:47:

No wind in Yorkshire n a big shiney think in the sky...God looks after the righteous hot

John

Absolutely, great at Huddersfield too.

Punched a few holes in the beautiful blue yonder with my baby Challenger myself...

Well attended, but, sadly, a couple of crashes here too.

Roll on tomorrow!

(errr, is that now " today????"

Just a note of caution if using a flying table in strong winds this spring...

Saturday, a club mate started up his glow powered plane, it was sat on his flying table. The plane was secured by a bungee on the tail. The wind caught the underside of the plane wing tipping the aircraft up. His reaction was to raise his hand to protect himself and catch the wing tip. As a result the idling prop caught the fleshy part of his hand just at the base of the thumb. This caused a couple of bad ( though not deep) cuts.

Went and had his super glued and a couple of sterri strips. I suppose the obvious thing is to add extra strap under the main wheels in windy weather.

Well it might be Spring now, but with this wind it seems more like Autumn. 20mph or so yesterday, gusting to 30mph, and only slightly less forecast for today. And not in a particularly 'friendly' direction for our strip either, though today could be better in that respect than yestaerday.

Doesn't look like I'll be flying before April now. And it's a bit of a trek to the nearest slope that handles Easterlies so that option is one I'll probably not take today.

Well looking at the washing on the line i decided just to take my Guppy and Sipa.

When i got to the field their was only two other members their both with ic models.

I asked is this it then they replied well the leccy boys came and went it is too windy for them.

Well i flew the pants of my Guppy had about six flights Great fun and just what i needed .

Steve