Autumn here...who's been flying ?

Advert

Not to annoy Erfolg, but the weather yesterday was superb for flying here in Telford, we had the same weather as him for the last 10 days, so yesterday being the first good flying day we had a good turn out , it was cloudy but only 2-3 mph wind and straight down the main runway,as you can expect we are all of advanced age, so you can expect the unexpected, but every one behaved themselves and a good day was had by all, I took my Powerhouse old timer and had 3 fantastic flights, all off 1 3750 lipo. with 45 percent left in the battery. today it looks quite foggy at the moment ,but should clear later.

Rain stopped play (it did not start) on Epsom Downs yesterday. I was hoping to maiden my re-furbished Super Air. I still have not taken my A certificate but was given a trainer that I gather would be most suitable for the narrow take-off area as it gets 'off the deck' very quickly. The plane had belonged to a modeller that had died and had never passed his A-test. It has a OS 46 up front which was gummed up so that the throttle was stuck and it would not turn over easily. However having got home and charged up the motor with WD 40 and after-run oil and with a bolt and lock nut fitted in place of the plastic throttle arm I managed to shift the throttle mechanism. It was then possible to start the engine which I gather had not run for seven years, but it is now completely loosened up . So far the plane has no name, I am not sure what it's called but it looks like an early Ready Made. It's wing span is about 6ft 6 inches and it's mainly of balsa construction. The wings are in perfect order as it has never crashed but the covering on the fuselage was lifting and it has only taken me less than an hour to remove most of it. I will re-cover the fuselage and check out and replace / refurbish all other items and hope to get it flying before the cold snaps set in. Anyone know what the plane is called ?

img_0526.jpg

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 27/10/2017 13:20:09

Due to many reasons I have not flown this year. Weather today, hot sun. zero wind. What model to fly to get my rusty thumbs and coordination going again ? Only one choice my,Super Scorpion. Beautiful flights and landings, what more can an old flier ask of an old plane ? Cheers

Yes, had some good flights in beautiful weather yesterday... got the repaired Hawk in the air and suffered a sudden loss of battery power on a go around. Will be using a time in future rather than relying of feeling gradual loss of power.

Carbon rods and UHU Por will be coming to the rescue!

Hawk Halves

We've had some lovely weather over the last few days down here on the south coast. I flew my latest foamie on Friday, again yesterday, and wil be going again in an hour. It's an F-16 from HobbyKing, bought the previous Friday in a sale. It's a PNP, all stock, 64mm fan, 3 cell 2200mAh pack, and just the standard elevens (tailerons), I have bothered with the optional ailerons. Flies really well, I'm more than happy with it. Club mate Graham Swan snapped this pic on Friday.img_3557t.jpg