OS FS-V 95 engine

Paul Marsh

Although done loads of 4 stroke engines - replacing bearings. Replacing the bearings on my OS 95 FS-V, but can't remove the piston/con rod, as the con rod can't go any further back to warrant removal.

How do they (OS Engines) get it in the first place. Don't know if anyone has done, so,but looks like a scrapper - can't replace the bearings, by getting the con-rod out.

On normal 4 strokes, there is no problem, but this design is different...

Advert

Not sure where you live Paul ? but look for a local bearing shop. there are loads. I got front, rear and a cam bearing for £12. and they are good ones. Just engines wanted £32 plus postage. i got mine from Huddersfield Bearings

01484 515054

but you will need to tell them the exact size, mine were for a ASP 70 FS.

Any bearing supplier will be able to get bearings for you. Measure outside diameter ,inside diameter and width with a Vernier gauge. Simply bearings are very good ,do a range of differing price / quality for each bearing size. Excellent despatch times,bearings  usually arrive the next day if ordered before me afternoon.

Edited By Engine Doctor on 07/02/2018 09:42:13