Fed Up!

Geoff Peacock

Posted by kc on 22/06/2018 09:40:29:

Thank heaven for DVD recorders and Hard Disc recorders for this time of year!

I note that this thread has had 2444 viewers compared to the 981 of the pro football thread------tells you something about the forum members I think.

Nah, 2144 of those are the Mods checking it to ensure World War Three hasn't broken out on here wink 2

BEB

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

As this is a rant thread, as you might be aware, i can't stand football, everyone at work does, and they think i'm weird.

If there was a meter 0 to 10 for me, 10 being a football nut, the needle won't even twitch at zero. I was never good at it, at school, when it came on TV, my dad switched it off, so the spark for it was never there.

Just think, I could have been a football nut, being down the pub, never had taken up rc flying.

Just think...

Posted by Paul Marsh on 03/07/2018 22:18:48:

As this is a rant thread, as you might be aware, i can't stand football, everyone at work does, and they think i'm weird.

If there was a meter 0 to 10 for me, 10 being a football nut, the needle won't even twitch at zero. I was never good at it, at school, when it came on TV, my dad switched it off, so the spark for it was never there.

Just think, I could have been a football nut, being down the pub, never had taken up rc flying.

Just think...

The two are not mutually exclusive. wink

C'mon you Reds. face 1

Posted by Paul Marsh on 03/07/2018 22:18:48:

Just think...

Paul.

If it makes you feel better, I can't stand football, and I think you're weird wink

Christiano Ronaldo is a footballer Chris, and he was timed runnng over 100 and 200 meters

He was one half a second slower than an average of Olympic Athletes, and he plays ball too

He, like Harry Kane, is an athlete

Most football fans cannot play the game, but adore their club

Consider that team runners cover 10000 meters in a game, control a ball, change direction, and have a little think about tactics in between

I for one am in awe of these young men

Oi! You football lot, behave yourselves! Let them have their moan in peace too!

Remember, the consequence of messing this up will be that no one will discuss football instead you will all be engaged in totally pointless argument - surely we don't want that? Take it from me, segregation is the best plan! Stay on your own territory - that way lies happiness! The alternative is misery!

BEB

Posted by AVC on 04/07/2018 08:34:04:
Posted by Don Fry on 04/07/2018 07:23:13:

Christiano Ronald may play football, but he is a very strange example of a human being.

...to say the least

……………………………………………………………………..

agree with you both...but he's a rich one..

ken anderson...ne...1..... all about the money dept.

Posted by ken anderson. on 04/07/2018 08:38:04:
Posted by AVC on 04/07/2018 08:34:04:
Posted by Don Fry on 04/07/2018 07:23:13:

Christiano Ronald may play football, but he is a very strange example of a human being.

...to say the least

……………………………………………………………………..

agree with you both...but he's a rich one..

ken anderson...ne...1..... all about the money dept.

That's one of the reasons (only one) why he's a strange example of human being...wink 2

I'll be glad when the football is over. 22 millionaires kicking a bag of air between two sticks and people get so excited about it. The noise coming from the pub near me last night was as though people had won the lottery. Its as though they are taking part themselves.

It amazes me that people talk in the first person about things that they have no control over. We scored this many goals and we went down to 10 men. We.....you mean the players, you were just sat on your backside watching it, not playing.

Posted by ChrisB on 04/07/2018 12:45:52:

I'll be glad when the football is over. 22 millionaires kicking a bag of air between two sticks and people get so excited about it. The noise coming from the pub near me last night was as though people had won the lottery. Its as though they are taking part themselves.

It amazes me that people talk in the first person about things that they have no control over. We scored this many goals and we went down to 10 men. We.....you mean the players, you were just sat on your backside watching it, not playing.

Yep, go along with that, I just don't understand the mindset of those that will pay almost anything that the top end of the football industry (for that is what it really is) asks in the way of money through tickets or god forbid, TV coverage. There seems to be very little questioning of the obscene amounts of money that are sloshing around the industry and all supplied by the golden goose of 'the fans' and their seemingly unthinking, insatiable desire to be relieved of their cash. It really does beggar belief. It's continuously stoked up by the industry itself (and its satellites) to 'keep the golden goose on the boil', willfully assisted by the BBC, SKY, newspapers et al and their army of well remunerated pundits.

On the other hand, football on a local scale in schools or over the local playing fields is run on a shoestring yet can be a valuable resource to keep kids involved and out of trouble, by keeping fit and learning discipline. I don't dislike the game itself, although I have no interest in it per se.

Passions don't have logic circuits. Name me a reason why you do hundreds of hours, loads of cash, research, and then put it where it can break.

Ronaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldo. Must learn to spell.

Edited By Don Fry on 04/07/2018 13:39:09

I don’t like what football has become, I hate that they call it “sport” when the players make 90% of the money via sponsors and publicity, and not really playing football. The same applies to most elite sports btw, and that’s why I prefer some less popular but more “fair play” like rugby. Having said all that, I respect whatever each one wants to follow or be fan of. As the Beatles said, “live and let die”

Aaaaaaaaah, C8, but being pedantic ( I liked that thread when it was going), you were referring to the fans spending money.

No one spoke about whether footballers have passions. I suspect not,

hugely competitive role, years of training in cheating, rule bending

I assume Ronaldo, after he's settled his tax bill, if he flew would put is high end Jeti stuff in a Lear Jet.

The other thing that vex's me about football is its standing in society and the way it is made to be the benchmark.

The media, idiots that they are measure everything in football pitches. A new runway at Heathrow or a big building it covers x times football pitches. Maybe its just me but I have no idea of the size of a football pitch, i've never been to a football club and never intend to.

And when they report the sports news, "And now for all the latest sports news and they spend 15 minutes talking about football and that's it.

On the news if someone has been sacked or a club or player has done something it makes the top headline and they talk for ten minutes about it at the start, then another ten minutes in the 'sports news' and the second Item on the news is something far more trivial like war, famine, murder or politics, you know, minor irrelevant things that no-ones interested in.

Finally, in what other industry can you be so bad at your job that you are paid millions of pounds to be sacked on a Monday and then re-employed a few days or weeks later for the same money doing the same 'job' for a competitor. Its a complete non-sence.

The problem other sports and activities have is that society is so brain washed by football, that nothing else gets a look-in. For example, If I went to my local council and asked for a field to play football, they could find me one or would bend over backwards to help. If I asked the same for model flying...and I have...they laugh, roll their eyes and send me on my way and if I try to fly from playing fields away from the obvious obstructions they would enforce the Public Space protection order and that would be that.

Rant over...I'm off to puncture a football or two!!