BEB I am not sure i can use this company as they seem to use a dog as a rag roller to paint the walls. It is cruel!

A link to the thread that this associated with, as i suspect i may need to recover or repaint the model in the near future. On that basis i guess two sets?

Posted by Phil 9 on 01/08/2018 17:58:53:

I only ever has great service for modelmarkings.com **LINK**

Agreed, he’s done decals for me in the past, but, is Tim still going? I’ve tried the usual emails and contact numbers on his website but no replysad

Pm also sent to him via this forum, no,luck there neither

A fellow modeller in the states speaks very highly of Callie graphics, got an immediate response and very good price click here

As Martian suggested above,

Printing your own is very easy on your computer, even using a 16 yr old printer as I am doing now. Just order the appropriate paper online, cheap and easy and it even comes with instructions how to get the best results.

You can get clear paper for darker markings - Plain black stencils work well on this stuff. If you have anything with any other sort of colour then use the white background paper to allow for the best colour otherwise the markings can end up very transparent and not what you want.. depending on the colour background they are being put on, if it is a white or light background, then no problem you can use the clear paper.

The white background paper is ideal for where you have white in your markings as the majority of printers will not print white.

I'm just finishing off the markings for my Morley Lynx AH-7, some done on clear background paper and some on white background paper.

Mark dscf2436.jpg

Posted by DIGGER on 09/08/2018 06:06:45:

As far as I'm concerned Callie graphics are the best. I have used them and find Callie very helpful to work with.

Never heard of them until now, what sort of postage costs are we talking about on a typical set of say $30 1/6 scale decals?

I am curious, as if declared as over £15, the handling charges, plus Vat will often dwarf the actual cost of the decals.

Can this be managed to break orders into less than £15 and then paying a higher P&P or the P&P reflecting a more realistic charge of say $10?

It is not the Vat I object to as this often pence, it is the astronomical handling charge.

I find the most amazing thing with Callie is how she can help with any size plane. I had an odd ball size model, I just sent her the wingspan size and back came the reply very quickly, no problem can size it to your model no extra charge. And they arrived in very fast time . Fantastic person to deal with, and postage to me in Cyprus very good.

Chris

Hi Chris I'm from Limassol and fly at Ladies Mile,I will soon be ordering another set from Callie for a 1/4 scale F 104 star fighter, going to do the fin in a blue and white diamond of the Bavaria Air Force, the fin is huge 700x600 she said it was no problem to do the decal, amazing

Hi SR 71 I have a friend that flys there as well Paul from polis way. It's to much of a journey for me, I'm in Peyia. It never ceases to amaze me what Callie can do, show her a picture or drawing of a plane, tell her the size of your model and she can do it, and I find the price very good. The quality is always excellent. I personally don't think you can beat her.

• 2 weeks later...