Does anybody know how to fix this?

Goose is the real hero

I think the spring return kit that Ripmax sell is a mod - something to do with drone flyers wanting the throttle to centre instead of stay put. I can't seem to find a stick assembly available either which is a shame. I think that new with a receiver or two then this would be around £250 at the moment, I will try and get one on ebay for less than that - annoying all for the sake of a very small bit of plastic!

Advert

It's probably too late now as it happened over a year ago but if it was a genuine accident then perhaps it would have been covered by your household insurance if you had accidental damage cover? Be interesting to know if anyone has found their household insurance any use when accidental damage occurred to such items - was the 'excess' so high it wasnt worth claiming or was the item specifically excluded from cover?

Ripmax does sell a control stick assy but it is £60. I have seen no t8j TX on eBay. I love a challenge and used to be an audio tv and video technician plus computers. If you want I will tackle it and promise to do no more damage it won,t cost you anything apart from any parts (small parts) I will leave you with that thought

Trevor - you are right, this kept me awake at night for a while; I did manage to find the pin in the end and removed it from the back of the TX before promptly losing it.

Kc - it's a good idea but without checking I imagine our excess would be at least £250 and given the amount it seems to go up every year without claiming I think I will keep my powder dry until something more serious happens (lipo fire etc...).

Martian, that is an incredibly kind offer, if you are serious i will drop you a pm tomorrow, I would have to pay at least something for your time though. No offence will be taken if you realise you may have too much on after all btw...

Again, thanks all for your thoughts on this issue, I must say my old Challenger suffered many knocks and I never had anything like this but I guess the old adage that they don't make 'em like they used to has once again been proved to be correct!

• 2 weeks later...

What a legend, thanks so much for this Martin.
I don’t think there are many forums where you can ask a question and before you know, it somebody has offered to repair the item for you and then carried out such a great job.
Huge thanks to Martian of course but also to everybody else who commented and helped with this, it restores one’s faith in humanity!
Stay safe and happy landings.