What's your rate limiting step?

Morning all!

Having returned to the fold with three projects on the go ( Japp, Chilli Breeze and a Cardinal ) it occurs to me that I now dread different parts of the build to the ones I used to. Building wings - specifically cutting ribs) used to be my least favourite part of the build whereas now it's installing the radio. I have no idea why, it's not that hard, it's just fiddly.

What is it that forms the bump in your road to the finish, and why?

Do you have a pile of airframes all finished up to the point that you hate?

Advert

Sanding -for the same reasons as Andy C. Also my varifocals don't allow the really close up view needed to get a good finish. However I will not start a new project until the previous one is finished - so it leaves noticeable gaps in model building (can be 6 months.....)

Ribs. Loads of identical bits, all need to be accurate. Not the most interesting bit. Rest of wing build is ok. But I always try and get the wing done to nigh on complete first, before doing anything else.

Sorting pushrods and controls. Always seem to make lots of small mistakes when doing this. Should probably learn something from that.

Nah, ribs don't need to be accurate, that's what long sanding blocks are made for face 1. My pet hate of late is covering and finishing - all those nasty fiddly bits like trimming a canopy to a neat fit and getting it to stick on, finding somewhere accessible for the rx and it's battery(ies), tidying/hiding all the spaghetti and then finding that somehow the model is now tail heavy so you need brackets to attach half a yard of roof flashing up front inside a paper-thin ARTF cowl.