26 degrees in London? Not Here It Isn't.........

Former Member

Advert

yes your right Percy, we are a different breed up here, but we have the beautiful countryside and where we are the coast also......we recently found out that WW2 is over and one of my neighbours has just bought a colour TV...… emotion … "all fun"....

ken anderson...ne.....1...the wild north east dept.

Posted by Percy Verance on 02/06/2019 10:07:07:

I guess it's a trade off we Northeners just have to accept Ken. Mind you, I've visited London several times, and there's no way I could live there. It's frightening.........a different world. For one the traffic is horrendous. In my village, you often see a couple of locals stood in the middle of the road having a natter, because that's where they happened to meet......

Edited By Percy Verance on 02/06/2019 10:10:04

Aye, they even have pavements down South, so that you don't need to walk in the middle of the road wink

I grew up at the Elephant & Castle/Old Kent road area. Left in January 1973, with a big sigh of relief. You only go back to London now days to get stabbed!

Rain, Rain, you English lot don't know what rain is until you've lived in North Wales. We've all got webbed feet and moss growing on our heads!

Edited By GONZO on 02/06/2019 15:13:12

Edited By GONZO on 02/06/2019 15:13:38

Posted by Percy Verance on 02/06/2019 12:39:59:

See here Doc.... A little place just up the road from our village. It's a farm shop/cafe, and the food is so good it's busy most days. You have to book if you want Sunday Lunch, otherwise you've no chance.....u fancy lunch.jpg

That's just a diet of Meat and sugar. surprisecheeky

D.D.

Last year someone had a right good moan about the jet's scorch marks on the strip during the dry spell.

We told him not to worry, this is Wales and very soon it will rain the proverbial and grass will grow like crazy just like it is now.

J D 8 Abergele here. Just wondering, how often do you get your head moss trimmed and do you suffer from mildew in the foot webbing like I do?winklaugh Funny you mentioning the grass. I've only cut my front grass 4 times this year. But, the pyracanth bushes are on steroids. Things seem strangely different this year.

Posted by Gary Manuel on 02/06/2019 11:16:23:
Posted by Percy Verance on 02/06/2019 10:07:07:

I guess it's a trade off we Northeners just have to accept Ken. Mind you, I've visited London several times, and there's no way I could live there. It's frightening.........a different world. For one the traffic is horrendous. In my village, you often see a couple of locals stood in the middle of the road having a natter, because that's where they happened to meet......

Edited By Percy Verance on 02/06/2019 10:10:04

Aye, they even have pavements down South, so that you don't need to walk in the middle of the road wink

I was under the impression that they were for the cyclists. devil

Posted by Percy Verance on 02/06/2019 19:41:30:

We have a pavement running down most of our village main street, but it runs out once you reach the fringes.

Edited By Percy Verance on 02/06/2019 19:46:52

There's posh, you with you hi ferlutin pavement and all

N.Wales? Rains even more than in Devon, where I spend much of the year. The Lake District? I once went camping in Wester Ross, got rained out, returned south to near Kendal - where it was even wetter. Wettest place I ever visited... Here in my part of S.France it was at least 28 degrees today, same forecast for tomorrow, next Sunday 30 - with no rain. My kind of weather.

Posted by Percy Verance on 03/06/2019 05:57:43:

Certainly not ASH, United Utilities love it too. Then they charge people money to use it to wash, cook and flush toilets........... £450 a year in my case. And that's with a discount for having my own drainage......

Edited By Percy Verance on 03/06/2019 06:01:30

And, in the future Percy, people will look back and giggle saying

" can you remember when we had a bath in drinking water ! "

I don't have an alternative to this, but it is most certainly daft