Sabre made in Belgium

Not much to see with all the tape but i glued the canope frames in place tonight. I first painted the inside black so there is no red paint visible from the inside when they are in place.

I used black polyurethane rubber here so i could still move the frames untill the glue was set. Another advantage is 1 that you can wipe away the glue that gets sqeezed from between the two parts .

2 it doesn't run

3 it glues ''everything''

20200629_233304.jpg

Hi guy's !

I spent the evening finishing details , the list is getting shorter !

First did the tail lights, they were already in place but needed a little O-ring to give them a base...

20200702_223557.jpg

second item was glueing together the rudder and fin.They are connected to one another with two carbon rods,glued in with epoxy, looks like a working rudder now !

20200702_224036.jpg

Next on the list was the completion of the cockpit. i know it's a airobatic team airplane wich probably had the gunsight removed but i couldn't resist to put it in

20200702_224056.jpg

Finaly i closed up the fuse with the rear hatch

20200702_224148.jpg

The only good thing I can say about my identical version of this Sabre is that I built it quicker. In every other respect, Dirk's is outstanding, detailed, and perfect in every way. You will be able to spot me hiding in the Gorse bushes in an every so 'umble pose trying to avoid my fingers getting pricked by the thorns, but holding my model aloft, far enough away to allow a direct comparison.

What weight do you have Dirk. Mine is 4.5lbs - a bit heavy but hopefully will have real momentum in a good blow. I am hoping to bring it along next week if we have any decent wind (here's hoping).

I will be able to put it in the pits without fear of a Belgian comparison, hopefully due to lock down?

Hope to see all you lovely chaps in a week's time.

So many fantastic builds, so many different solutions. Well done to you all, and Pete and Dirk - you have been our 'Pathfinders'.

(This is where I should insert a piccy of a Lanc or Mossie !) What the hell - have a link instead:

https://masterbombercraig.wordpress.com/bomber-command-structure/no-8-pff-group-bomber-command/pathfinder-force-pff/20-2/

My effort still lacks ....... well quite a lot actually (Captain Grey remains concerned) . But as I do not expect to leave our small locked down Welsh hamlet for some months yet I remain optimistic she will not be a 'Hangar Queen' when we do get to fly.

I worked on a solution to keep the hinge pins for the speed brakes removable for service(occupational habbits )

I gave the pins a 90 deg. bend where they exit the fuse and covered them with a wooden half teardrop being carefull the epoxy doesn't touch the fuse !.Not scale but necessary...

they just need a little paint now and they're good to go!

20200704_223307.jpg

20200704_223358.jpg

20200704_223416.jpg

Thanks SR71 ! That's a bit overdone ...

I was planning to paint the markings with paintmasks but i realised too late that it's not a good idea to paint light colors over a dark background. Change of plans !!

To be on the safe side i ordered vinyl decals in the beginning of this build. So i will put my pride aside and put the cherry on the pie.cake

20200712_225743.jpg

It was a bit tricky on the speed brakes !

20200712_230308.jpg