Sabre made in Belgium

After a long day's work , it's time for some aeromodeling therapy !Wife's orders !

With the wing ready to paint, for ages (!)i made a support so i can turn it over whilst painting it.

The weird masking on the ailerons is there to cover the bleu paint on the inside .I didn't mask the tips ,wich will be painted bleu,to keep the masking lines between colors to a minimum.

Degreased and blown clear of dust, Rattle the cans !! Even in this mild temp's i preheat the cans a little ,it makes the paint flow smoother and keeps the pressure up !

x20200608_215953.jpg

20200608_220013.jpg

20200608_231130.jpg

20200608_231155.jpg

20200608_231235.jpg

x

Hija Dirk.

If the Lady of the House says you need some modelling therapy, then you have to obey her... angel

I love your 'support' for the wing. No idea where I should be able to install it in La Grotte though...

Keep up your fine mojo , young man.

Cheers

Chris

Hello all !

I'm trying to paint a part every day, even if it's a small one, keeping a steady pace.

Another important tip i had to find out the hard way:

If you mask a new painted surface be sure to put on a extra layer or two

of tape next to the area you're painting because the paint solvents still attack the underlaying fresh paint even if it's a week old or more!

20200613_181120.jpg

Thanks Dwain ,after polishing it will look much better !

Yes Phil ,just a personal touch , altough in some photo's it looks like they used it too ?

The damage on the aileron is in the white part , the most forgiving color,luckely...It happened by pulling the tape the wrong waysad. Another tip i guess ?

20200617_231143.jpg

Posted by dirk tinck on 17/06/2020 22:54:23:

Thanks Dwain ,after polishing it will look much better !

Yes Phil ,just a personal touch , altough in some photo's it looks like they used it too ?

The damage on the aileron is in the white part , the most forgiving color,luckely...It happened by pulling the tape the wrong waysad. Another tip i guess ?

20200617_231143.jpg

Ouch !

Steve.

Looking really great Dirk but I think it is too late already to use some of the masks I made. Because it is better to paint dark colours over light, I made the star masks to go over a base coat of white and then paint the blue top coat over the masks and then peel the mask off, leaving a white star.

Maybe you have a different plan for the stars?

I can quickly make and send you a set of masks for the stars that will allow you to paint them over the blue, but that would take more paint to cover.

The roundel masks are also meant to be stuck down over a white base colour, but the light cream colour can still be over coated with white and will cover well. It is just more work for you and more paint to do it that way.

I did write some notes on the back of the masks. Have you seen them? Sorry if you can't read my writing....that is what happens when you use a computer all day every day...no handwriting practise!