Sabre made in Belgium

Thanks guy's for the offered help and info ,i'll be testing the masks next week.

I was planning to glue the canope frames in place (already painted )when i realized,if i want to replicate the rivets , now is the time so i did some testing on a test frame.

I try'd to make little pits with a sphere-like dremel bit but it's very dificult to make them all the same size .

Then i try'd to do the same with a small drill ,they're all the same size but in some cases i drilled right through !

This made me realize , maybe that's the best way :Drill them all through and fill them with epoxy !This is only possible with some tape on the back side. So drilled the holes , tape them on the back side , fill them up with epoxy and wiped off most of it left me with a workable solution.Tomorrow i will paint the test piece to see the result , looks good !

20200620_235934.jpg

20200621_000033.jpg

Hi Andy ,if your government doesn't put me in quarantine , i would be happy to come over , even if that means i have to sleep in my van.moon

I sanded (again)the canope frames tonight , cleaned out the''rivets'' and painted them again with imo a good result. Some of the pits seem ''deeper'' than others but hey,are all the rivets on the real thing thesame ?? I'm happy and that counts...

20200623_224527.jpg

20200623_224606.jpg

20200623_225247.jpg

20200623_225324.jpg

20200623_230440.jpg

Another scale item added beertime for a be coke !

Superb finish from every angle... I really cannot wait to see this up close in person when we get the chance!

BTW - How are you planning to finish the flat face inside the intake??  Leave it red with the shadows or add a shady grey??  I have the same problem, only in blue! 

Edited By Phil Cooke on 28/06/2020 22:19:59