Warbirds Replicas P51 Mustang

RICHARD WILLS

Advert

Thanks Doc , kind words indeed . In fact this kit is really a first production run , so assuming the future includes Balsa , there will be time to tweak it .

The manual for the Spitfire is more refined and if we can get some nice models in the air next year , we could definitely have a better box label . -- Now there is a challenge chaps !

As so many are keen on the RAF variant , I can thoroughly recommend a very affordable book .

Ospreys Aircraft of the Aces by Iain Wylie . They use to be £20 but you can pick them up cheaper now . It is a book that you can browse through many times and is certainly a source of inspiration for me in the back stories and artwork . There is a particularly good section on the Polish pilot who flew "PK G " depicted a few pages back with a cracking oil painting depicting the man himself in action .

I 'm sure that a lot of you already have it , but if you haven't , for the money it is a jewel and may stir your tastebuds for something different . rafp51b.jpg

Yes Peter - that's a good read. The scope for different colour schemes and aeroplanes to model is vast with the P-51 and, of course there is a wealth of published information available. As well as the Aircraft of the Aces series Richard mentions the Mustang gets some fantastic colour plates by Rikyu Watanabe in Robert Grinsell's monograph on the P-51. Lots and lots of schemes available online too.