LMA Shows cancelled

Advert

Posted by Ron Gray on 26/06/2020 06:21:19:

Weston show is going ahead, 17th & 18th October.

Ron,

Give me hope and thrash this out for me now

Weston gets packed with cars and people, is so brilliant a show.

It always rains at some point, can we pack into tents? For shelter

I go with 3 lads too ? 4 in the car? All of us in high risk but have been nowhere else these weeks

Do we go in four cars?

Give me hope Ron

Hi Denis, I too am in the high risk category for reasons best known to the NHS so understand your dilemma. I am going to continue to monitor the situation as the relaxation of social distancing takes effect and hope that by the time October comes there hasn't been a second wave of the Covid. If I do go then I will take all reasonable precautions in particular hand cleansing if touching goods (it will be interesting to see how the various retail trade tents will manage this, if at all).

At the end of the day it's down to risk assessment / management, but if in doubt don't go, there will always be next year (hopefully), missing one year's worth of shows isn't a big deal in the scheme of things.

Posted by Ron Gray on 26/06/2020 08:33 missing one year's worth of shows isn't a big deal in the scheme of things.

Hi Ron and all, it is when you are mid 80's and might not see another year lol. I planned to do all the shows this year after getting back into r/c flying after 4 years of being a carer for my late wife. I only hope that model shows will not become another Bournemouth with every one needing a fix .

Posted by Ron Gray on 26/06/2020 08:33:30:

Hi Denis, I too am in the high risk category for reasons best known to the NHS so understand your dilemma. I am going to continue to monitor the situation as the relaxation of social distancing takes effect and hope that by the time October comes there hasn't been a second wave of the Covid. If I do go then I will take all reasonable precautions in particular hand cleansing if touching goods (it will be interesting to see how the various retail trade tents will manage this, if at all).

At the end of the day it's down to risk assessment / management, but if in doubt don't go, there will always be next year (hopefully), missing one year's worth of shows isn't a big deal in the scheme of things.

A very sensible stance Ron. My better half remains shielded and off work (NHS) because of an otherwise perfectly manageable ailment, but in these times, she remains (and is instructed to be) cautious. As a result, I also limit my contact with others and only allow myself essential trips, so hopefully will bring nothing nasty back home. If you can believe the media and the Government, the virus is in retreat, therefore I hope to restart flying again in a limited fashion, within a few weeks, but for now I'm giving it a miss. Probably over-cautious, but we've come this far without a problem, so why risk it for the sake of another few weeks? It's not as though I'm short of other tasks. I see that a number of non-modelling outdoor events that I'm interested in are planned to go ahead in late September after being postponed from May - will see how things go as regards those. Heard that one of my old work colleagues succumbed to Covid-19, so there for the grace of god etc.

Edited By Cuban8 on 26/06/2020 09:40:59