Rx and ESC compatability?

I would like to use my old 35 MHz gear, a JR XP 652 Tx with a JR R700 Rx.

I am buying a Multiplex Xeno with the motor, servo, ESC combo. The ESC is a BL-20-SD, the servos Tiny-MG.

My question is, Is this modern equipment going to work OK with my 20 year old Rx. I have checked out my radio gear, internally it is like new, no black wire etc. and it is range checked.

Thanks in advance, Terry.

Advert

I don't know anything about the JR receiver you've quoted but I've happily used 35Mhz receivers with DSP (Digital Signal Processing) like Multiplex IPD and Schultz in combination with brushless set ups. There's no reason why it shouldn't work as long as you're careful with the installation and do a range check to make sure there's no interference.

Geoff

You should not have a problem Terry. The Xeno was launched in 2010 when most of us were still using 35Mhz & I seem to remember there is a channel in the wing to run the aerial down to avoid the pusher prop.

Nice flying model, I bought mine when I had a Mazda MX5 as it fitted easily in the small boot when folded.

Nowadays with everyone using 2.4 ghz frequecy control of 35 mhz has become very slack or non existant so be very careful to ensure you know of other 35 mhz users nearby. Is 35 legal and commonly used in Austria? is it used for anything else but planes?

Having suffered interference problems (I don't remember the detail) on my first 35MHz electric conversion I made a point of using opto ESCs (true ones, not just the BEC-less ones that are commonly called "opto" these days) and a separate Rx NiMh pack for the receiver. Before moving to 2.4GHz I also had a TwinStar which used the BEC in the ESC without any problem, so interference problems are a possibility but not a given when using 35MHz.