Silly question

Rich Griff

Am I correct in assuming that the spectrum dxs tx and ar410 Rx need "binding" each and every time they are turned on ?

I understand a button has to be pressed "on" .on the Rx to do this but what if the Rx is bagged and protected against vibration buried deep in the fuselage ?

Is there a switch available for easy binding mountable within an easy and hassle free position on the fuselage for this binding to be achieved ?

Sounds like a real faff and hassle to me, but I am learning about this 2.4 radio gear.

Advert

Hi Rich.

No, it is not a silly question.

It sounds like you need some programming advice from the Spektrum experts on here. Unfortunately I don't have these problems (Futaba user), but am familiar with other club members having similar ones with Spektrum.

Not knocking Spektrum. They help keep the price of radio gear low. yes

Years ago the manufacturers put up their prices on a (very) regular basis. Now with Spektrum and others about that doesn't happen quite as much.

With the " Market Leader "" gear that you have Rich.

You Bind the receiver once for the model in question, unless you move the receiver On to another model

Or, if you make changes to the model.

It is easy in the early stages of 2.4gig, to think that you may have to push the button everytime.

Just keep asking questions

Posted by John Wagg on 18/01/2021 23:26:43:

Surely once a receiver is bound to a Tx that's it ?

Only if you use a different TX does it need re-binding. ??

You might want to bind it to a different model memory, or I believe some systems set the failsafe at bind and the failsafe might need to be changed.

Rich,

Spektrum has model match which means once you have bound your TX to an RX for a specific model memory the TX/RX will only work on that memory, if you select a different memory or RX it won't bind - a great feature in many respects IMHO as I doubt any of my models have the same settings and there is no chance of getting mixed up.

One minor whinge with the button on the RX, mounting cable tie moved (and depressed the button) and at power up of model would not connect to the TX (as it was in bind mode), sussed it and rebound. Solution was to reposition the fiddly hard to access RX and the cable tie, problem sorted.

Thanks for all the replies, that's that question answered. I will have to get a lap top as well for tx reprogramming.

This is gunna get expensive.

Spectrum kindly email two sets of info but my phone will not open the PDF files, but the lads phone does.

I had a brief look at them last night but he is gunna print them off for me today.

There are instructions for mode2 to mode1, a mechanical change and software change.

Still pricing up stuff, Futaba 4 channel versus spectrum DXS system. The next Rx up from the dxs is a bit over my budget.

Next thread will be servo comparability and working voltage.