RAF's Finest Biplane? Hawker Fury MkI

Hi All

New Spinner from Sarik.

Much better size wise than the initially provided part

spinner size.jpg

spinner to cowl.jpg

spinner weight.jpg

Only complaint is the profife is slightly distorted.

It is apparent to the naked eye then when compared against a straight edge is confirmed.

Not sure if Im being too fussy ???

spinner straight.jpg

For an electric powered model maybe the aluminium spinner is overkill and a candidate for use as a mould for a vac formed item ??

Edited By Martin Fane on 23/07/2018 13:14:20

Advert

Posted by Stuart Rusby on 12/07/2018 20:47:12:

Hi Fenton Furies!

I have recently completed a 1/6th scale Mick Reeves Spitfire which I have electrified, just one wing and very few bendy bits I'm afraid! Would very much like to join the Fury gang if that is acceptable Danny?

I've been trying some litho forming using annealed thin material for the cowl blisters - re your article in RCME. Works well. I have also built a half wing of the Fury to test my limited skills with silver Oratex. Main thing I learned is to monitor the iron temperature carefully, the polyester fabric has a relatively high percentage shrinkage. Also the need to think through the best wing rib support during construction due to the underside camber.

With my best wishes,

Stuart R.

Hi Stuart, sorry for not responding sooner, have been working away and missed your post, thanks Chris for the nudge! Stuart, you are more than welcome to join the gang, the more the merrier

Great news on the spinner chaps though as you say the distorted sides do look odd.

One thing you need to remember about spinners with the cutouts. They are rarely cut for CW propellers, uncut spinners leaves the choice up to the modeller. Mine will be electric with a CW prop

Cheers

Danny

Hi Furybuilders

I need to finally establish the names and adresses of all who need the etched parts. Also, I need to be paid, because the numbers are ever creeping up, and I don't want to finance the whole shooting match myself.

So Can I have Names and adresses, and a paypal payment for £25 to [email protected] If you are outside europe, then just add another £5

The final order will go off to the etchers at the end of August, and I'll post the bits off as soon as I have them

ernie

Hi Danny

It's not my photo sequence. The last time I had to trim a spinner was years ago, well before I found this photo sequence, and I can't really remember how I did it. Probably by chain-drilling a series of holes, joining the holes with a very thin rat-tail file, then finishing off using a dremel with coarse grit grindstone to get the overall shape, with a half-round rat-tail file for finishing.

Gordon

Hi Ernie paid via paypal 24/07/18

Posted by Ernie on 24/07/2018 08:57:54:

Hi Furybuilders

I need to finally establish the names and adresses of all who need the etched parts. Also, I need to be paid, because the numbers are ever creeping up, and I don't want to finance the whole shooting match myself.

So Can I have Names and adresses, and a paypal payment for £25 to [email protected] If you are outside europe, then just add another £5

The final order will go off to the etchers at the end of August, and I'll post the bits off as soon as I have them

ernie