RAF's Finest Biplane? Hawker Fury MkI

... definitely not, Danny.

... as I'm truly convinced that the Master will show us the way through the 'brass' labyrinth later on. cool

... together with the woodpack's identification... the rigging wires... the cabane & u/c soldering... and a large amount of other large, enormous, small & tiny bits... yes

... right, Chief...??? wink

Cheers

Chris

Danny and Stuart Yes you are both on similar tracks to what I was saying in my post about pressing shapes etc.As I said gentle to moderate pressure . Especially careful if annealed as you could tear it. As well as spoon backs/handles some nicely shaped and smooth hardwood will be useful. Even pointed metal with care and knives too.But I really recommend one thing.PRACTISE PRACTISE PRACTISE. Stroking and teasing the metal into shape.not forcing it. Above all BE PATIENT!

Danny and Stuart Yes you are both on similar tracks to what I was saying in my post about pressing shapes etc.As I said gentle to moderate pressure . Especially careful if annealed as you could tear it. As well as spoon backs/handles some nicely shaped and smooth hardwood will be useful. Even pointed metal with care and knives too.But I really recommend one thing.PRACTISE PRACTISE PRACTISE. Stroking and teasing the metal into shape.not forcing it. Above all BE PATIENT!

P.S. Round cowls/spinners can formed by spinning but I think the thicker plates would be needed for this.

This may help--https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=spinning+aluminium&oq=Spinning+aluminium&aqs=chrome.0.0l6.31236j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited By onetenor on 28/09/2018 21:51:52

Hi Guys,, I'm delighted that the brass bits are OK. There are a few things that might be of interest

1 I've got one sheet left, if anyone wants it. Also, the etchers will print additional copies. The hard work has been done..ie all the prep, so it shouldn't be too expensive

2 There are way too many bits, A4 is the minimum size they do, so there are plenty spares, to replace the ones you loose among the balsa dust on the floor, the cat eats etc

3 There are bits that are not specified on the plan. ie windscreen frames, wheel retainers etc

4 If anyone needs it, I can mark up a sheet to explain what all the bits do

5 And, finally, perhaps a metal whiz would like to give us all a few tips on the best way to bend, fold etc

ernie

No worries, Danny.

Now you have some more time to give those nice board erasers a very outstanding polish. yes angel

It looks like I am the only one asking... but yes, Ernie. Please if it isn't too much work, I would really appreciate to have some info about the brass bits 'destinations'.

Cheers & thanks

Chris

Just arrived home to find a parcel from France. Just like to say thanks to Ernie for the work done,definitely saved us a lot of work. Appreciate the time taken to get them parceled and posted,, quality of parts excellent

David, hope that your wife is soon on the road to recovery. There is no race, just enjoy the anticipation and learn from the building blogs. I benefited from being part of the "chip shop" but don't tell Danny that i have not finish it yet.

Kind Regards

SW

Edited By Silver Wolf on 29/09/2018 21:17:42