SC46 Needle Valve

Zflyer

Advert

There's an SC46 for sale on ebay with 20 hrs to go, current bid £5.99. Only downside is collection only from Rhyll !

Probably the cheapest way to get the needle valve if you live close by or can arrange carrier collection.

Just Engines on have the low speed needle, not the main needle.

GDB

3 hours ago, Martin Arnold 1 said:

Just engines are showing the actual needle in stock, but not the needle valve assembly.

It's usually better to phone him regarding old stock. He is very helpful.

He might have a second hand one.

You won't know if you don't ask.

I have been trying to locate a rear (remote) nva assembly for a renovation I'm doing for a club mate. They seem to be extinct and only chance it seems isto find a second hand one. I don't know if the new To the market " Force " engines  parts are useable for the repair , worth a look .

If you have the actual needle valve you can unscrew the blanking plug on the side of the carb and screw it in there. OK it will be near the prop but N/V were near props for decades so just be careful when adjusting it. Not all carbs had the blanking plug so in that case look for a cab from a similar sized engine . Jus make sure the spigot is the same size.