Hobbyking

Advert

14 hours ago, Chris Bates said:

Hobbyking prices have gone up 20% ??.

That will pretty much see the end of them as a model supplier in the UK.  It was the only reason for me to buy from HK.  PLA 1KG 1.75mm HK is now €20 plus delivery from HK EU warehouse and ebay.fr €19.90 delivered from France...... where would you buy it from?

...and that has nothing to do with Brexit as I am talking EU delivery from the EU warehouse

Edited by FlyinFlynn

It's not only HK though, is it?

Over the past two or three months, the price of everything - ARTF's, home produced balsa kits, whatever you look at, it's gone up, and by sometimes more than 20%.

Have you looked at the cost of a Wot4 wood ARTF recently? Was £125 - 130 discounted, last time I looked £150 - 160. List prices considerably higher again.

It seems to be a global reaction to the pandemic, not the B word related plus of course the well documented shortage and therefore increasing price of balsa wood.

As Dylan would have it - the times they are a changin'

Kim

• Like 1

It's not that simple though, I'm sure some things have changed for the worse but it's not an across the board increase so it isn't due to VAT.

I bought eight batteries in January 2019 at a cost of £38.77 each and bought another twelve identical batteries this week at £35.99 each, the reduction in price is likely to be due to HK pricing in Dollars and just for once the exchange rate had changed in a UK consumers favour. 

That sounds about right. I notice their film hasn’t shifted in price to my (slightly absent) memory. Would the original poster give any evidence to the original post?

Or anyone guessing that VAT is getting applied or not.

BTW, I AM NOT SUPPORTING TAX AVOIDANCE. IT IS, TO MY CODE, A CRIME. 

I bought a couple of 4s 4000s last week for less than £24 each from HK's UK warehouse. They are Zippy Compact, and are only rated at 20C, but the cell impedence I measured is less than the 40C 3000s (Turnigy) that I had been using. In the model ( an FMS Bf109 ) they provide more current and give more punch than the 3000 packs, so I just ordered another at the same price. I didn't notice any unexpected charges at checkout, just the postage. No complaints from me on the grounds of this purchase.