Anyone for a bargain...?

Robert Cracknell

It has already been posted, a greedy professional, we should all contact the seller together and offer him 1/10th of the price as 'maybe' he put the decimal point in the wrong place,,,

Ps if he is so confident that it's worth that why doesn't he put it up for auction starting at a couple of hundred pounds,,,

Edited by Paul De Tourtoulon
Auction

I agree with Steve.

Why do people complain that things are "too expensive". I can understand commenting, but to actually complain is stupid.

I have just had a belly full on ebay from people complaining I was asking too much for some kits I was selling.

My stock answer was that I don't have to sell them but if I did, that was my price.

If somebody else values it the same then fine.

As far as dealers are concerned, that is their job and (usually) they know their market.

Putting a ridiculous price on something may draw out a seriously interested buyer, with whom they will then strike a deal (probably off ebay).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

It’s such a shame that the engine will never take to the air and will remain an “investment” until enough of us have slipped the surly bonds of earth and it becomes just a curio or is simply left to rot, forgotten in the back of a drawer. 

I like the poetry.
But are these things any good, why didn’t they get a continued production run etc.  Surely a lot of us have had a coil long enough to shuffle off to remember how to use a diesel motor. 

5 hours ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

It’s such a shame that the engine will never take to the air and will remain an “investment” until enough of us have slipped the surly bonds of earth and it becomes just a curio or is simply left to rot, forgotten in the back of a drawer. 

That's the problem with nostalgia.

It's not what it used to be.

:classic_smile: