Im looking to make a return

Phil 9

due to a change in circumstances I have not done ant RC flying for about 4 years now. One of my favorite models was a hanger 9 pulse xt 60 but it is no longer available. looking through a few websites it seems to me there are fewer ARTF models to choose from and the prices have gone up alot in that time also.

Do you have any reccomendations foe a low wing sport model that will get me back into the hobby

the 82 inch seagull models spacewalker is a good model. I have one which i am using to test the improvements i made to an ASP160 flat twin and its a lovely model. As with everything else they arent cheap, but the do fly well and would be fine to fly with any 100-150 4 stroke. 

I suppose another question would be what sort of power plants you have available as you could get a model suited to an 'in stock' power plant rather than having to buy all new. 

Both of those models are a good call.

I don’t have a power plant in mind yet I sold my engines after a while of me not using them. I will need to investigate if nitro fuel is readily available. The shop I used to buy it from has since closed down . Electric might be the way to go

3 hours ago, Phil 9 said:

Both of those models are a good call.

I don’t have a power plant in mind yet I sold my engines after a while of me not using them. I will need to investigate if nitro fuel is readily available. The shop I used to buy it from has since closed down . Electric might be the way to go

mail order is easy for fuel with model shop leeds being a port of call for many. Depending on how long ago it was you flew things might have changed a bit with the recommended blend but generally 5% nitro with 15% synthetic oil will cover any modern 2 or 4 stroke engine. 

4 hours ago, Nigel R said:

Acro wot?

I hear laser make a nice engine that fits it...

my last model was an acro wot with a lazer 70 engine. unfortunatle I had a bit of a fly away the model went down into the trees and I could not find it. That was the last time I flew a model rc plane

2 minutes ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

Good to see you coming back. I assume you’re aware of the legislative changes forced upon us since you last flew?  Nothing too onerous but you will need to get an operator ID and depending on whether you’re a BMFA member with an A - or equivalent, possibly pass a simple (almost impossible to fail) test. 

It was about 4 years ago since I last flew a model. I was aware there were some changes but not really aware of the details. But I thought I would go to a club and was sure they would bring me upto date

On 05/07/2022 at 05:46, Nigel R said:

Acro wot?

I hear laser make a nice engine that fits it...

this sparked my attention but it seems the ARTF version by ripmax is no longer available and Im not really set up to build a full kit

• 3 months later...