Mass build 2023

EarlyBird

Advert

As Ron says, SLEC will have the cutting files for Peggy Sue 2 and would be able to produce a cnc parts set (at a price). Probably get a better price if, say, 10 people were serious about buying a set? T(Count me in) They will sell you a plan too, no doubt.

Incidentally, I have a copy of the plan, so I could scan a copy and email it to anyone who needed one if they were stuck ( and Peter didn’t mind).

I am surprised Sarik didn’t offer a plan and parts set when the plan was published back in 2018. Such a neat design.

11 minutes ago, Ron Gray said:

I’ll start a new Mass Build 2023 - Hanky Planky thread with my foamy version.

Do you want another thread for ditto for Peggy Sue 2, my build shows the mods I made to make it electric.

Please do. I have asked for this topic to be moved to Mass Build 2023, I am not sure why it's in 2022.

Steve

I note that the cutaway picture from RCME of Peggy Sue 2 ( TWO) shown today says it's 48 inch span which seems incorrect -it says 58 inch on Peters build thread and I remember the plan was around that size.

So everybody needs to decide what size Peggy they will build  - 58 inch is the  Peggy Sue 2  while the original AMI plan was 50 inch approx .

Edited by kc

I remember at the time Peggy Sue 2 was published I queried the ws and Peter confirmed that it is 58" (approx 1.5m).  I was attracted to it at the time because 1.5m is my sweet spot for model size.

I threw away a large number of RCMEs about 3 weeks ago because they were taking over my desk.  Fortunately, the July 2018 issue was amongst the few I saved so I'm newly tempted. 

1 hour ago, Geoff S said:

I can't find Peggy Sue 2 plans, let alone CNC parts, on Sarik's website, so a PDF would help. The magazine drawing I have is in mint condition but free plans don't always stand up well to a build - particularly as they're double sided.

SLEC are in the middle of a stock take which is delaying a response to my enquiries as to the number of Peggy Sue 2 cut parts they have left from when they produced them for RCM&E.

The plan from SLEC is on two separate sheets.

Steve 

9 hours ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

2023 section opened by Admin, only they can open new ones.

New threads within it can be opened by yourselves.

We are up and running.

Anyone that has built either of these two please help by linking to their build, post photos, and answer any issues that builders have. I know I don't need to ask.

Steve

It looks like I may have bought the last cut parts from SLEC. They will print more plans and cut parts I believe. The only way to find out is to email Chris, remember it's silly season and they are in the middle of a stock take so I hope no one is in a rush. I have asked if they will supply all the wood and hardware and what the prices are. Once I get a reply I will let you know.

In the mean time I am studying the plan and resisting the temptation to open the cut parts. Thanks to Peter you all can study the pdf.

Steve

Not sure if it's worth buying the CNC parts if you already have balsa (or a substitute) in stock.  Most of the ribs have an identical outline with different cut-outs depending on their location and the fuselage formers have very simple outlines.  I have the PDF courtesy of Peter Miller (what a gent!) as well as the magazine drawing so I may well start a build next month.  It'll be electric so some deviation from the plan - I don't think I've ever built anything exactly to the drawing since I built my trainer 🙂

• Like 1