F.O.D!!!!!!!!

Ron Gray

Went flying yesterday with my new bestie, the FMS Viper 90mm EDF, what a beauty and flies like it's on rails.

A94CCED1-430E-4EFD-BD6C-09938B88B0CA.thumb.jpg.48e65b9f79c48772adf44a6e7291bffe.jpg

About to take off on the last flight of the day (the 5th I think) and suddenly there was a rather loud ping followed by a lack of thrust. On inspection this was the result of a stone getting sucked into the 'works' (there should be 12 blades in there!)

66AF5472-67F5-4540-80CB-D1B3A26254D7.thumb.jpg.24f3f00a67e435eee326c4d128701daf.jpg

On closer inspection it was even worse as it wasn't just the fan that had gone

08CB9A2C-D32C-4759-9271-079AE4FA3546.thumb.jpg.edf09657405ddbb4e5707eba16c82358.jpg

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Don Fry said:

Tough, is it a hard to do repair?

Fortunately I found all 12 missing blades but repairs are out of the question. Model Shop Leeds have my order and £54 from my wallet.

3 hours ago, kevin b said:

Are you sure it was a stone and not one of those sub-miniature drones ?

We actually found the stone in the fuse!

4 hours ago, Don Fry said:

My education is rapid this weekend, GA yesterday, FOD today!

Tough, is it a hard to do repair?

Ha! Reminds me of the time I was trying to teach an absolute beginner to fly the drone he’d just bought. He lost control and smacked it into a wall the first time he tried to take off, breaking one of the propellers i the process.  ‘No problem’ he said, ‘I’ll araldite the blade back on’.  ‘You will not!’ I said, somewhat forcefully!  I got hold of the blade and disposed of it out of his sight.

Edited by EvilC57

• 1 month later...