Ripmax Aero film

MikeQ

Hi

anyone used Riomax Aero Film.  How does it compare against Oracover/Profilm.  I know its a lot cheaper so that might be a clue.

Same question for McGregor film too.

Specifically interested if its up to much as far as adding rigidity to an open structure wing.

cheers

mike

Edited by MikeQ

Advert

Most of the polyester film coverings shrink well  and provided they are then ironed down onto the tibs and spars will certainly ad to the rigidity of an open structure. 

I havent used the Ripmax covering but suspect its the  same as the Chineses covering that many dealers sell.

Rapid RC sellk a covering that is excellent. It adheres well ,  It also shrinks very well , is tough , overlaps stick down well and doesnt sag in the sun( cant say for sure if black doesnt sag as havent used that for any large areas yet). He has a good colour selection in stock and will cut to lenght you require.

Compared to Oracover or Profilm id say its just as good , slightly lighter and  at a  fraction of the price .

I noticed that the Ripmax offering doesn’t have a backing film whereas the film I’ve got from Rapid was similar, if not the same as that supplied by Hobby King in that it has a backing film. Not sure about the film that George (4 Max) supplies but it’s a similar price to the Ripmax film.