Old Warden Modelair this weekend

kc

The Shuttleworth management (not ModelAir) have changed the pricing structure for this event. Check up on the Shuttleworth website.

https://www.shuttleworth.org/product/modelairfestivalofflight2023/

If you are just going to spectate and visit the sales stands then entry is free. You can go into the restaurant but not the hangars or Swiss Gardens. If you want to go into the hangars the cost will be £15.50 (unless you are an SVAS or Old Warden MAC member). You can enter the site via either the old gates or the new (long) drive.

If you are going to fly then charges apply (£9.00 for a day or £14.00 for the weekend for BMFA and LMA members, £12.00/£18.00 for non-members) and you must enter via the new (long) drive. You will be given a wrist band to allow you to access the flying areas. You will also be able to go into the hangars if you wish at no extra charge. Tickets can be bought in advance on the website, or on the gate. If you have a non-flying passenger they get in free but won't have access to the hangars, unless they pay the same charges as a flyer.

Rather confusing and the reasons for the changes haven't been given.

I hope to be there on both days.

Brian.

• Like 1

Had a good day at OW today even if i am worn out. My Hurricane seemed to be very popular given the amount of people who asked me for details about it and i enjoyed flying it even if the wind was a little suboptimal. 

I also managed to score a deal at one of the trade stands with an almost mint futaba FF9 tx for only 5 quid and a matching new looking 9 channel rx for £3. No battery or crystal for the tx, and they are 35 meg, but if it works it works and for a fiver who can argue with that? Borrowing a battery from my current FF9 and raiding my spare crystal box it seems they both work fine. More testing required, but it seems like a win to me. Even if it proves to be no good for flying i can use it for spares to keep my existing FF9 operational. 

Nice to meet and greet all the Laser people as always 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Maurice Dyer said:

I'm hoping to go to next year's all scale weekend,hopefully.

Hope my little Flair SE5 doesn't feel bullied and overshadow by these awesome monsters......

Maurice

If the conditions are suitable i will take my Flair Nieuport along so it has a friend to play with 

On the subject of monsters you dont have to bring a beast along. i think my favourite slot to watch was the two turbulents flown together with asp 160 flat twins in them. Nice models, authentic sound and sympathetically flown in nice formation. Very nice to watch and a model that is on my radar for the future.