she's in for a shock

Ernie

4 hours ago, Ernie said:

SWIMBO was having a sneaky look in my workshop. "well she said, thats a nice wing, it'll fit fine onto the car"

How can I ever tell her, it was the tail for my Keil Kraft falcon

ernie

You could tell her that is for a small aeroplane that is just nearer. 😉

15 years ago I worked in a hobby shop. A guy came in with his wife looking to buy a rc car for himself. He found a monster truck he liked. His wife looked at the price tag and asked if it was realy necessary to spend so much money on a toy car. Being a salesman I tried to help, so I asked the  wife how much it cost the last time she was at the hairdresser. She looked at me and said , « I think its time for you to shut up now». True story. 

• Haha 5

My SWIMBO Question I seem to get on a regular basis is......

Every time I strike up the slightest conversation starting with the word ... " Honey "........ Then in less that a split second she says " What have you bought now...?? "

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

What does the I in SWIMBO come from?  It’s something I’ve noticed in many references recently.

I always assumed it related to the classic Rumpole of the Bailey expression, “She Who Must Be Obeyed”.

SWIMBO Actual Meaning:-  She Who Irritates Me Beyond Others

Edited by GaryWebb
  • Haha 3

The one that got me into so much trouble once was....

Wife: " Do you have to go flying with your mate ALL Weekend !...? "

Me: " Do I really have to sit her telling you those jeans make ur butt look fat...?? "

I lost count of the number of bruises I ended up with......🤣

• Haha 2

On acquiring a new airplane my late wife would ask if I had any that I had not flow for 2 or 3 years then consider a 1 for 1 replacement process?

Post crashing a favorite Black Horse model and not being able to find the discontinued version in the UK, she managed to source one from somewhere in Europe as a birthday present. On the flip side when she said she was going to buy a horse then clearly my answer was yes, but only one!

PS When she built a Peter Miller Ohman the logical place was the kitchen table...result as that set the precedent 🙂  

• Like 2

I think SWIMBO comes from the fact that you can't pronounce SWMBO.....So, you can't grumble to the guys about SWMBO, well you could, but you'd sound a bit daft.   SWIMBO solves all that, and its a very picturesque word

ernie