Six Nations Rugby Union 2024.

56 minutes ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

England game drove me crazy, ref fussed over the scrum so much he killed much of the game.

Yellow for Cheshum, his body and arms were good in the tackle, TMO said so, player came down to him, Yellow card ? Well there's head contact ? Later in the game Cheshums off for an HIA, think an elbow caught his head, no intent, no bad tackle, no card ?

As Roy Keane (Man U, Ireland, hard,hard, man said, “sometimes you make the ref make a decision” and live with it.

1 hour ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

Later in the game Cheshums off for an HIA, think an elbow caught his head, no intent, no bad tackle, no card ?

He tackled the Wales 10 (I think) and bashed his head into the other players chest..... poor tackle technique

• 2 weeks later...

I'll start the ball rolling today!

Can't see Wales winning against Ireland so I think that should be a done deal.

England/Scotland on the other hand is very difficult to call.  Scotland always seem to play out of their skins when facing England and England seem to be tentative when they've played Scotland in the last few years as they've tended to lose.  My feeling is that England will win this by a very narrow points margin but it could easily go either way.

• 2 weeks later...

Two cracking games today where the underdogs came out on top.  I just hope both England and Italy continue to play in that way.

George Ford seemed to be having an off day on the kicking front but loss of 8 points (1 conversion and 2 penalties) rather made the game the exciting spectacle it turned into.  Marcus Smith played a blinder with that very last kick in the red time zone.

But well done to all 4 teams for the most exciting 6 Nations day.  What will Wales-France bring tomorrow?

Not a great rugby fan (nearly 70 years since I played at school) but I've just skip watched England/Ireland game ending in the drop goal in the last few seconds. However, didn't England already have a penalty, and they were playing the advantage, so even without the drop goal, the chances were that they'd have won, as the penalty was in front of the posts?

Just a shame that England indiscipline gifted the French the penalty to beat us.  But, what a fantastic period of play to score 3 tries!  Pity they weren't able to sustain that way of playing.

Too msny mistakes cost Scotland a game they could have won.  Ireland got away with a lack lustre performance.

Pleased for Italy to get 2 wins and a draw.

22 hours ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

What a day of Rugby, best 6 Nations for a long time.

Well, it depends on your perspective, I suppose! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 

So - about this Wooden Spoon.  Can I assume it will be come from either Ireland's or Scotland's extensive collection?  Neither would miss one... 😈