Laser Engines - Important Announcement

Jon H

37 minutes ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

The same is true of valve springs. The spec is going to be held by the company we buy them from. Getting more is as simple as phoning up and ordering them so there is no worry there. 

For clarification Jon - are MSL going to hold/possibly replenish the stock of valve springs or were you saying that anyone would be able to order a couple of them from the supplier?

MSL will hold springs in stock and can just order up more if they ever run out. Not sure what the MOQ is, likely around 250 springs. 

• Like 1

Very sorry to hear about the closure and very glad that you managed to get other work Jon. It might be nice getting your hobby back and not having it as a business! It also just shows how the hobby industry is changing and it is a concern.

59 minutes ago, Chris Freeman 3 said:

It also just shows how the hobby industry is changing and it is a concern

Maybe, but there is nothing to stop anyone else starting a company making engines. In part this is why the selling the company chat is a moot point. If it was such a great and profitable idea everyone would already have done it. 

If anyone does decide to start a new company making engines do let me know. I can become a consultant and charge an exorbitant fee 😄   

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

42 minutes ago, Jon - Laser Engines said:

If it was such a great and profitable idea everyone would already have done it. 

But if Geoff won’t even talk about it…………………….anyway, not going there!

Edited by Ron Gray
  • Like 1

Jon, I am sure all the forum members wish you well in your new and hopefully very rewarding career with your new company .   The forum  and all the Laser users worldwide appreciate the efforts you have made to make Lasers the great British engine.

I hope to see you again at the next Modelair meeting at Old Warden.

• Like 1