Windscreen

Jonathan

Advert

I've got canopy glue clear drying.  The reason I asked before or after covering  , not sure if the oratex covering I will be using will stick to the windscreen edge overlapping about 3mm. Or after glueing on top of the oratex.  I have sprayed the cabin balsa with matt paint and not sure whether the oratex will stick to the paint,  does it have to be untreated balsa. 

1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

I've got canopy glue clear drying.  The reason I asked before or after covering  , not sure if the oratex covering I will be using will stick to the windscreen edge overlapping about 3mm. Or after glueing on top of the oratex.  I have sprayed the cabin balsa with matt paint and not sure whether the oratex will stick to the paint,  does it have to be untreated balsa. 

If you are in any doubt about the ability of Oratex to stick to a substrate then applying a smear of CoverGrip or, if you still have any, Balsaloc, will aid the adhesion. It should be okay though. Personally I'd cover the model and then add the canopy over that. You could iron thin strips of covering over the glued canopy edge, to finish off neatly. For semi- scale models I do like to outline the canopy framing with strips of aluminium tape and add some dummy rivets to that with a piece of narrow bore brass tube, before masking and painting the canopy frame.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...