Warbirds Replicas Tempest - A VLOG

31 minutes ago, Graham R said:

where do you get those extra fast Perma Grit sanding blocks from Ron? I could only get the ultra slow version. Probably needs an hardware upgrade 😃

He has a 5s 5000 up his sleeve. 

Advert

Adding to Ron's adventures with the cowl I have used a piece of 6mm offcut in front of F2, this will need an additional piece of 3mm to bring it up to the bottom of F2. This is to give more support for the cowl which as Ron stated is slightly oversize. Remember to take it slightly unde the size of the cowl to allow for the brown paper covering The piece behind F2 which sits on the side blocks I tapered the blocks so that it sat on F3 as it does go up from that point. I also left it the length supplied as the drawing shows it going under the wing. 20240527_122754.thumb.jpg.72e65b3cdc4ea40066378966aec9f85c.jpg

I'm back from "Canadia " (where the Canadians live ) if anyone needs to pm me for something they need . 

Many thanks to Ron and Eric for heading the build sequence . 

I recall that Nick requires decals and will check in with Phill tomorrow to see who else has outstanding extras . 

Just in time as I've now finished the airframe ready for brown paper covering. Today's building time was spent filling and sanding and fitting the underbelly sheet (under the wing). No vid of this work as I think it would be boring, so next vid should be in a couple of days showing it covered in the brown stuff (paper that is!). Oh and I printed another pilot and he looks to be a much better fit.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I’ve had an additional 75 subscribers since I started this series 2 weeks ago if that’s any help. The 10 vids have been watched approximately 10K times.

Edited by Ron Gray
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, GrumpyGnome said:

Will just 'liking' one help? Or all of them.... ? I've watched them all but not 'liked' or subscribed....

One is fine . Just gives us an idea how helpful it is . You can feel (do feel ) like you are talking to yourself. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ron Gray said:

No vid of my belly but a couple of stills

IMG_8686.thumb.jpeg.0e6690c25fbd9b52e6df33d02c5bed64.jpeg

I also sanded the chin a bit more to give it a more pronounced upwards sweep

Not sure I want to see a video of your belly Ron.😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1