Malta

ken anderson.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Posted by Kevin Fairgrieve on 29/03/2020 17:57:21:

Same here Ken.

Just trying to sort out the farce that are Ryan Air.

We were due out early June.

Don't hold your breath and think yourself lucky if Ryan Air are still around in June.

sad (we're all doomed a tell ee).

Posted by ken anderson. on 30/03/2020 09:27:29:

wonder how the layup's affect the aircraft....do they suffer from non use ?

The most expensive aircraft in the world for an airline to operate is one that is parked on the ground not flying passengers around...

It is not just the aircraft that have to be kept airworthy. The crew need to stay in recency, they have to fly at least once every 28 days to stay legal. If not they have to receive some simulator training before flying again. BA have stopped all simulator training for obvious reasons as it is incompatible with social distancing. The pilot's six monthly sim checks will also expire, these consist of two, four hour details to revalidate their licences. Hence, when the situation normalises it is going to take a long time to get the airlines operating normally again.

• 1 month later...

Should all be good Ken.

I quote from the email.

"As a package holiday customer, it is important to know that you are entitled to a full refund and if this is what you request, then we will issue this with no dependency on whether we have received the money back from suppliers. "

So they take the hit and fight with Ryan Air.

Will be booking to go back as soon as is humanly possible. Post Covid-19

• 8 months later...
Posted by ken anderson. on 03/02/2021 16:23:36:

hello Kevin, looks like a trip to Mata will be a while yet.....hope your keeping well during this lockdown....roll on Freedom.

ken anderson...ne..1..freedom dept.

Nothing booked or planned as yet Ken, but Malta will be the first place we go back to.

Pretty normal for both of us during lockdown, Carolyn works in a pharmacy so has been in since day1, I was furloughed for a time but back to normal now.

Stay safe.

Kev

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, ken anderson. said:

Kevin, the tanker that was stuck on the rock where we were both stopping in Malta has now been sunk off the coast of Gozo as a diving attraction...was going to cost too much money to repair.

ken anderson...ne..1...... malta dept .

Way back in 2018 that was Ken.

I thought she had been moved a long while ago.

IMG_0352.thumb.JPG.013cc07fe1a5d806265dd661f40232cb.JPG

We are off there in a couple of weeks, first time  away since the Covid struck. First time on a plane since February 2020.

Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I am off to Malta for the first time in early May. 4 days in Malta, the rest on a short Med cruise for my wife's 70th birthday pressie.  Quite looking forward to the Malta bit.  I would pass on the cruise if I could although most days we are on dry land so that is some form of redemption. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ken anderson. said:

in a few weeks time we will be back in Malta....first visit since 2019 due to you know what.....expect to see a few changes...

ken anderson...ne...1.......Med dept.

We went back last September. A lot, and I mean a lot has changed. So much so that we are not returning this year. Our regular Hotel has not changed, but many of the restaurants and bars have not come through you know what well. There was a couple we really enjoyed in Valletta, but they appear to have changed hands and the ambiance was not good.

Where are you staying this time @ken anderson.?

So this year we are doing our other favourite holiday. Another cruise. We shall be in Monaco for the wife`s 60th birthday. I have told her that if I save really really hard I may be able to buy her a cup of tea whilst we are there.

• Like 1

I was on a walking holiday in Malta & Gozo last week, got back yesterday evening. 5 years since I was last there and indeed things have moved on and Malta seemed busier than ever. While the weather was good all week on my spare day it was very windy and there was no activity on the flying site when I looked in.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...