Awesome weather - how much flying are you getting in?

Now living in the US for 2 years (job related), I fly in Oklahoma. The weather is always sunny hot (too damn hot) and we have a great club strip-

Only slight problem is the wind. Early morning (7-10) its around 0mph, but daily is rises to 7-15 mph, usualy a crosswind. At least my wind flying abiiity, particulary landings will get plenty of practice to improve!

Currently flying a Global RC 50 size electric SU-26, Parkzone F4F Wildcat (awesome plane), Glens 58" CAP 232, Great planes Escapade (46 sized petrol) and my favorite a Top Flite kit built Contender 60, powered by a 15cc petrol.

I do miss the nice grean pastures of my old flying strip near Stonehenge; what a perfect strip the flying druids strip is, and much softer for landing that tarmac and dust!

Advert

I know what you mean, last weekend I brought my really nicely flying Glens 58" CAP 232 in for a greaser landing and the undercarraige ripped clean off on its mounting plate. So I expoxied it back on..... and the same happened again - the rubberised tarmac has taken all the gelcoat off the bottom of the cowl and badly scrapped the bottom of the wing. Plane is now on the back shelf awaiting a new cowl and repairs to the wing undersurface. Not sure what I will do yet to beef up the undercarriage mount area - but I'm still annoyed so I'll leave it awhile. Flew so great on a 5S Lipo electric set up with 5055 600kv motor and 15x8 prop.

strangely, my global rc SU-26 (my previous YAK of theirs had a really week undercart) has been fantastic on landings, with no issue (less a really badly designed tail wheel which keep coming loose and swivalling around.

It's been flyable all weekend here. I got out Sate afternoon for a couple of hours and then had to pop to the field today (with no model ) and half a dozen people were flying. It was bitterly cold though and visisbility was slightly less than perfect.

Got out at 11;30(which is the earliest we can fly ic at our strip on a Sunday) and left when it was dark!! A great day was had by all 

Back from the Balbedie MFC Hallowe'en Bash today, an excellent weekend with lots of pleasant company. We even managed a lot of flying between chatting and stuffing our faces at the all day Barbeque. A bit of a cross-wind from the worst direction on Saturday but all that wanted got flying. Sunday now, a very nice day with a great deal of flying.

Congratulations to the guys who took and passed the BMFA "A" and "B" tests. One young chap took the "A" on Saturday and followed that on Sunday with taking the "B".

Ta muchly Balbedie guys and Lassies.

Ps, I got flying today too, before leaving to come home.

today in god's county....(ne..1)...it has been a really nice day...warm/dry and hardly any wind........allthough i didnt get any flying done due to domestic duties(  ...i noticed a good turn out at our flying field as i drove past in the afternoon.......no sign of enrico the foreign lad today.......me think's there's a possibilty he was put on top of one of the local bonfire's last night-- i may be wrong of course.....  ...

ken anderson ne.. 1.

Edited By ken anderson. on 06/11/2010 18:17:22

Had a few hours up the big rock with a newbie - he had heard the term "tentpegged" but until today had not actually witnessed it. His somewhat unplanned "arrival" resulted in this rather splendid example.The 60" wildthing buried a very neat hole almost to the wing and a good job the earth was relatively soft from the recent rain!
Poor picture quality as it was a still taken on the gumcam - they are so much better at video.