Awesome weather - how much flying are you getting in?

today was OK....we had bright sun(too bright)...low down in the sky.......the field was a bit muddy underfoot due to all the rain.....out of 10 member's there...only three of us flew model's......while the rest 'yacked' on.......come to think of it --i was prob the only one there with both my original hip's........  

ken anderson  ne...1.

Advert

Could the sun being so low on the horizon be the reason that these winter skies have such a bright turquoise blue?

Although not today I have noticed recently, particularly in Scotland (Aberdeen) that the underside of the clouds is often so well lit, pink in colour with the top a dark grey? Totally awe inspiring, such a riot of improbable colour!

Calm, mild. But no flying today as I am on "family duty". Well I suppose its reasonable that they get the occassional (very occassional) day out when it isn't raining!

It one of the wife's oft quoted remarks - if I suggest we have a day out somewhere she immediately says "Oh the forecast must be for wind or rain or both then!" She knows me too well!

BEB

Posted by David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 14/11/2010 12:22:41:
Rain and more rain today
Thank goodness for the indoor session last night, anyone dodged the showers today?
 Hi David,

Yep, did some filling on the walls in the kitchen, then cracked a watered coat on ready for the roller-ed coat, missus will be impressed , more brown-y points Yippee. Come December I can go flying 4 days a week.

Chris.

Rain and more rain today
Thank goodness for the indoor session last night, anyone dodged the showers today?
 Hi David,

Yep, did some filling on the walls in the kitchen, then cracked a watered coat on ready for the roller-ed coat, missus will be impressed , more brown-y points Yippee. Come December I can go flying 4 days a week.

Chris.

Rain and more rain today
 Hi David,

Chris.

Yep clear cold and still here again today. This time I slipped out at lunchtime for a fly - it was just too good to resist. I wish I was able to to this more often.

My twin with rudder mixed to throttles caused great hilarity. I'm not sure it has much practical purpose beyond improving ground handling. But it was great fun.  

To foggy today, I didnt go.Apparently a load of people turned up,1 brave sole took off lost sight in the mist and it crashed in the next field.It was his wifes trainer,I wonder how he explained that when he arrived home!!!.No wind so a couple of free flight boys just listened to there diesel engines and there models were landing close enough.

The last few days have been great in the NE,had 2 full days flying,its blowing strong now though so I think I will go lob the Zaggi off a hill after my breakfast

Posted by Chris Bott on 17/11/2010 10:07:56:
r6 I'd take a good coat, I think most places will be getting this rain sooner or later. Good luck though and have a fly for us

Will do,just pulling my coat on now!