Ideas for articles in RCM&E

Advert

About a Reaching for the sky articles about old school models when it started how they were design flown basically our this wonderfull hobby got evolved to todays latest sophisticated plane and what the future old I bit like the history of model plane going back to the 19 century and the people designers the type of glue the used ect ect you know what a mean smiley

Posted by Geoff Jackson on 09/07/2016 18:36:30:

Hi. How about an article on powerboxes and installing HV servos and systems. Lipos to use for re eivers and ignition? Bit of a minefield when doingit for the first time. Tks Geoff

Yes, good idea, there is lots of conflicting advice out there. I would add the use of LiFe batteries for that purpose too...

• 3 weeks later...
Posted by Mowerman on 01/08/2016 16:34:39:

How 'green' is our hobby.

With the current 'anti plastics' movement (Reducing plastic bags, recycling plastic cups etc ) how long will it be before plastic foam is banned.

Pretty green, I would have thought. The 'anti-plastic' thing is mainly aimed at 'use once' disposable stuff - and quite right too. Most modellers I know are most reluctant to throw anything away!!!

Posted by Percy Verance on 11/07/2016 13:40:02:

How about the occasional article on various known modelling personalities, but focusing on any other hobbies or interests they may have apart from model aeroplanes? Seeing them in a normally (to us) unknown context could be novel.

Mick Reeves touches on this sort of thing in his website, with some information and photos from his trails riding days..... Makes a bit of interesting incidental reading for many of us.

Edited By Percy Verance on 11/07/2016 13:41:16

How about the occasional article on unknown modelers who aren't 'personalities', you know, the ones who just get on designing, building, and flying model planes.

Celebrities, personalities, I'm sick of them, give me a honest 'joe' anytime, much more interesting to listen to.

Ray.