Ideas for articles in RCM&E

WOW! Calm down Tim, LOL Sorry i made a few mistakes . I'm a busy kinda guy at the moment! Haven't got the time for checking everything. I meant held not help and i'm not ignorant! Thank you LOL! Not unless Grammar schools have changed!

Thank you (I think)?

Tom

Advert

Posted by Tom is RC mad! on 07/07/2011 19:17:03:
Not unless Grammar schools have changed!

If you attend or attended a grammar school then yes, they have changed.

WOW! Calm down Tim, LOL Sorry i made a few mistakes . I'm a busy kinda guy at the moment! Haven't got the time for checking everything. I meant held not help and i'm not ignorant! Thank you LOL! Not unless Grammar schools have changed!

Thank you (I think)?

Tom

Only yanking your chain Tom - all in fun

i would like to see the 'E' put back into RCM&E. i am inexperienced in electronics and some basic projects to get some experience would be good. On board glow unit or basic aircraft lighting circuit, that sort of thing. something cheap, practical, and able to increase confidence and basic knowledge. i cannot be the only person who would benefit from something along these lines.

Thank you (I think)?

Tom

"Accturely", a lot of us are "busy kinda guys" but still take the time to check our posts make sense

How about a regular 'Lessons learnt' journal - could cover building or flying issues.

In a popular full sized flying mag I used to buy - there was a regular article entitled "I learnt about flying from that" where readers described recent experiences that 'expanded their envelope' so to speak. We could have a "I learnt about (R/C) flying from that..." Could cover anything from flying models in fog - to flying in a field thats invaded by cows as soon as soon as you're airborne - to taking off with reversed ailerons. (over the years ive done all three - but not (yet) all at once)

Would surely make a good read whether constructive or not - but DOES require regular readers input!

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 07/07/2011 23:59:48:
Hey guys c'mon let's get off Tom's case eh? He's only a lad and I for one love his enthusiasm. You carry on posting Tom mate and don't worry about all these old fuss pots .

BEB

From one 'old fuss pot', BEB. Don't get me wrong, it's great to see and Tom's enthusiasm certainly brightens up my day - whatever he's on, I'd be happy with 10% of it!

IIRC I was just like that at 14 but the years have taken their toll......

Pete (Pedant)

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 07/07/2011 23:59:48:
Hey guys c'mon let's get off Tom's case eh? He's only a lad and I for one love his enthusiasm. You carry on posting Tom mate and don't worry about all these old fuss pots .

BEB

BEB, from one fuss pot to another ( not sure about "old"), I've already pm'd Tom - and whilst we're on grammar and punctuation etc are you completely happy with the positioning of your own apostrophe?

Posted by James40 on 08/01/2010 12:45:14:
I agree with RW, back to back testing reviews are great reading and also lets you know exactly what the best kit available is and where you should be spending your money.

At the moment, every review the magazine does seems to come out glowing so we are non the wiser as to what exactly is the good stuff and what's average.

Just a nice simple comparitive test on for example Servos, measuring like for like on all the different aspects such as Speed, Torque, power consumption, etc.

I also enjoy the 'How To' style guides, the list for these is endless, recently I could do with a how to uprate your metal pushrods with carbon fibre. Sounds simple but it involves a totally different method of terminating the rod ends so you can still adjust length, etc.

Yep, I'd like to see all this.

Everyone,

Please stop arguing. I appreciate your opinions and I appreciate that you are helping me BEB. But please can we stop with arguing towards BEB now because he was only trying to help me (which i thank him for!!). Its not very polite and not very good for people joining the forum to see, this is supposed to be a happy hobby and should be enjoyed by everyone. Also who cares about Grammar? Last time i checked this hobby wasn't a 'who has the best grammar' hobby.

So please, can we stop with the tension?

(thanks again BEB)

Tom

Tom, just to clarify, no-one above is arguing or getting tense with BEB. It's humour / irony...

Not always (it seems ) the easiest thing to get across via this medium.

Some great suggestions coming in. The "I learned about flying from that" ("Pilot" magazine, was it?) suggestion from Phil is excellent - I'm sure there are plenty of R/C related incidents people could relate that others would learn from. Those would make an interesting "bite sized" monthly feature

I too hold my hands up as having been guilty of pulling Tom's leg but in mitigation I would like to draw attention to the smilie that punctuated my comment.

to all,

Pat.

PS On a serious note, we do use correct grammar, spelling & punctuation for good reason.
They don't have to be absolutely right for a post to be understood but when they are grossly wrong it can lead to ambiguity or misunderstanding or make it difficult to even comprehend what the poster is stating.

I have an idea for RCME
Spelling lessons ,,,, ME tinks i need a fu ..

I still think some lessons on how to launch models correctly is a good idea for the magazine. Some people have no idea how to hand launch anything , power or slope.

Cheers Kiwi g

All light hearted and fun Tom, and definately NOT arguing, or malicious mate.
As stated, if the post contains a winkie - its just fun, and NOT serious.
You have to trust us here, we mods have a tight handle on what is acceptable and what is not, so have no fear, and keep on posting - your youthful enthusiasm is welcome

I sympathies with Tom.

I find that I am not a natural typist, words disappear, similar sounding words are substituted from time to time. Often I cannot understand the sentences due to my failings, if I bother to proof read.

When i worked, I found it far easier with Word, printing a hard copy to aid the correction process, improving the sense, flow and readability of the work etc..

All the best Tom from a fellow sufferer

ok, fair do's. LOL! Thats solved that then. OK ill look out for the faces in future .

I agree Erfolg, i get to confused, can't always tell when someone is joking and being serious while on computer chat, its pip-squeak knowing when you talk to them in person but when online its not to easy to tell.

Ill say now that if i take something the wrong way please may you tell me. Sorry for me taking this all the wrong way.

Thanx

Tom