Nats 2010 - whos going, pics, video...

Advert

Mrs T and I are now settled in for the night at our hotel (Stoke Rochford hall ) having just enjoyed a nice meal at the pub down the road. We dont do camping
We should be there around 10 am tomorrow after breakfast - so its straight to the swopmeet hall, and then catch some of you at the meeting venue ( 12.30 control tower )
Nighty night

I will be at the swapmeet in the morning.I will be wearing a red and black Spada motorcycle jacket,blue jeans and I sadly have a mop of grey hair! I'll be with my wife,please,if you see me, please say hi! Anyone else at the Ramada Hotel in Grantham?

Edited By Matt Halton on 28/08/2010 23:58:00

Hi, yes shame about the weather today, was really looking forward to seeing some pulse jets and other control line action. Not to mention see the scale masters in action.
Good to meet up with everybody, shame my little girl didn't want to play ball and I ended up dissapearing before having a good chat with everyone, sorry chaps.
I am second in from left with little Roisin BTW.

Cheers
Danny

Of course its a nice photo of the forumites Allan! I was behind the camera!   It was Vecchio's camera (hes the third in from the Left)  Tim will probably fill you in on everybody. No Teas I'm affraid David! - The RCM&E exspenses account probably wouldn't run to it I presume   It was nice to meet everbody in person and I hope the Pub restuarant I recommended to I think was Bruce went well!  Must go as my son is pestering me about helping him with his newly aquired Wot 4 fomie he purchased yesterday.  I will of course have to test fly it for him tomorrow just to make sure there are no problems!

al

Hi Chaps,
It was good to meet up with some - shame that I arrived a little late and therefore missed a few of you......in my defence the weather on the drive over was terrible. The drive from the gate behind someone who stubbornly insisted on keeping well within the 5mph speed limit was frustrating as I thought i might miss everyone. I'm grateful there were a few of you still chatting when I got there.
I felt a bit sorry for the organisers that the wind kept the planes grounded.
Not sure who to make the suggestions to but wifey pointed out that a large hospitality marquee with just chairs and tables would be a good idea so there was one place where you could get a bit of shelter from the wind and sit and have a cuppa - perhaps close to the refreshment vans..? 
I did have a peek into the Overlander tent and noticed very few Lander kits left today! In fact, as the planes weren't flying, there seemed a lot of people buying so at least the traders did well. Lots of big boxes making their way back to cars. If the weather's good next weekend the air will be full of planes!! 

Just arrived home after two interesting days!

I am terrible with names, but the photo shows...........as far as I can remember

From the left
Not sure? (Apologies.)
Danny Fenton with Roisin
Vecchio Austriaco
BEB
Tim
Myself
Bruce Richards
Federico
Eric Loakes
Bruces Son?

I am sure that somebody will correct me.  Good to meet you all...
The wind on Sunday rather spoilt the day, but it was interesting to see how the hel*copterists coped with the conditions. The aerobatics pilots that were there flew very well and precisely in very strong winds. (Even an electric model doing amazing things.)
I also enjoyed the sound of the pulse-jet in the distance (today) and the pylon racers were very friendly and keen to chat about their models.
I went into one traders tent to buy some bolts in poly bags on Sunday. The whole wall was moving in the wind so violently I couldn't focus on the labels, so I went back today.

Hi All,

just got back. Saturday and Sunday were a bit dissapointing - with little flying Saturday and virtually none at all on Sunday. But when ws realised everything was "running more as less as normal" today, we decided to stay! I spent a while watching the scale comp, then taking in the control line speed and combat - fun to watch!

Bought a few tools and bits and pieces - and oh yeah a Kyosho Pitts Special! My daughter was really pleased I'd bought that as it meant she had to travel all the way home squashed up in the middle of the backseat of the car!

It was really nice to meet up with everyone - both those I've met before and those I met for the firat time! Its always great to put faces to the names.

BEB

Sorry for not given any answer / names to the picture - forgot my PC charger in the office and went out of power. (Weak excuse as I for sure did not remember all the names...)

As many others I stayed too long near the shops - and purchased a rev counter for 12.95 (lets see how long it works...) and I found my old Seagull Edge 540EP which I ruined last winter. As it was such a nice plane I couldn't resist... 56£ wasn't a lot either - especially as I have all the necessary accessories to make the bird fly.

But first I have to find a club. Was club hunting yesterday - but nobody was at the two fields I found in the area I live. Still too windy may be.