Pics while model flying around the world this weekend

Advert

Hi Everyone

Well, our weekend here starts on a Friday and what better way than to go flying.  Below are some photos taken this morning of a few of the planes.

A great idea David, thanks and enjoy the photos.

A general view of the pits from the runway

Ultra Bandit take off with camels in the background watching proceedings

P51 on a low fly by

Ultra Bandit returns

Pit area as at 07:30

Majestic major on a slow fly by, is there any other way ?

Tucano 60 on a fast pass

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 24/09/2010 13:02:58

Thanks David, we are really fortunate to have a facility such as this. 

The main runway is 250m long x 20m wide with a pit area of about 80m x 14m.  Have attached a photo below showing the runway with the pits on the left.  Shade cloth for the planes and us when the temps rise to the early 40's and that is by 0700 in the summer.  That does not stop us flying though.  We are a hardy bunch, either that or the sun has fried our brains !!

Looking forward to viewing the photos from the UK and the rest of the world.

Edited By Roger in Dubai on 24/09/2010 15:24:52

Here is another photo taken this morning.  Sorry another post but only just received it from the owner of the plane and camera (GoPro Hero HD), Richard Hogan.  I was asked to fly his plane in "formation" with a World Models Zero flown by Jurgen Weidig.  Results are not too bad at all, needs some more practice but at least gives an overall impression of our flying site and our first attempt at air-to-air photography.

Hola from Orgiva ! Love Bunny, Flanker,& Pilot Bear squint into the sun and try to keep their eyes open while they wait for the timer to go off.

We have just thrashed the nuts off our TT CHAMPION 45L (17 and still going) and we also had a lovely float around with the DF ALULA.

Off home for a beer, a carrot cocktail, and  a Vodka respectively. So Bye from me and Love Bunny and Do svidaniya from Pilot Bear, 25 years in the Soviet Air force have not improved his English.

Wish we had his YAK in the photo  but it is in the maintenance hanger awaiting a 15cc Petrol Engine and a 2.4 RX.  Go well, F

Edited By Flanker . on 25/09/2010 14:05:25

Wirral, UK on a slightly sunny but rather windy and cold Saturday afternoon....

This is what I brought to the party....

Sorry, but as I've said in build threads, I'm no great shakes as a photographer! Some of the other shots are brilliant. I like Flanker and friends - and the photos from Roger are great. But that shot of the Cub is just lovely

C'mon guys - where are the rest of you - or are you all waiting for Sunday?

BEB

Well this was the sceen from a VERY WINDY Suffolk today. It was our clubs family fun day and BBQ to mark the end of the summer session. It was to windy for most a few flew but for the brave of us who turned up it was just an excuse for a chat.

The Patch with 25+mph to wind for most...

But a few flew.........

I Know not quite what was ment to be flying but at least we all had some fun today. lets hope its a bit better tommorow.

A bit disappointing today as I'd planned to get a few models out to provide a bit of colour and atmosphere. Unfortunately, the weather hasn't co-operated, with a very strong, gusty breeze which has made conditions very turbulent around my site in sunny (?) Lot, France.

Got my trusty Phoenix Rainbow out to test the conditions:

She's away!:

Looks great in the sunshine:

Safely down after a very uncomfortable trip!:

After a break to watch the GP Qualy session, I got the Easyglider out. Conditions were no better and the sun had gone, but here she goes:

Safely away:

Just showing off now!:

Got her down safely but I wasn't prepared to risk anything else. I'll try again tomorrow and see how many I can get up in the day

Pete

Brenda flew her recovered Boomerang whilst partner Peter flew his Hurricane.Mark in  the yellow cap flew a Panic and unpredictable Yak 54 and helicopter.Mean time club chairman Peter tested his latest model disappearing into the trees with  a bicycle that turned up at the field from who knows where.I  felt unwell and went home,mayb e tomorrow

It's so frustrating F, the wind is blowing so hard here this weekend - too much for a trip to the patch. We flew last on Thu so a few pics from then.....I know that's stretching things a bit.

Dad flew the new Tomboy he's just built - two-channel rudder/elevator with a Boddo Mills .75.

Longest glide was 6 mins........

Then a full size Hornet Moth (?) flew over - lovely.

Then little bro said to take a new pic of him for his editorial pic in the mag, he hates having his photo taken.....which I did. Him alongside his best model of all time, the 7 year old World Models Midget Mustang.....which then flew....and then he broke it, poss batt failure, not a happy lad