Nice few days ahead

Advert

Yep Easterlies & our field isn't too good landing in an Easterly.....you have to make a short finals approach over some trees/bushes & in a wind you get some vicious rotors off these with models just slammed down in the outfield......

Wind speed is forecast at 17 gusting 25mph for me......if I do fly it will be the hack that goes up!!!

Up to the club with a small selection (and a black bin liner which I hope won't get used...)
Just hoping there aren't too many novice heli flyers as they tend to have little option but to hover over and therefore clog up the strip where I fly.... So fingers crossed for fine weather.... and a little bit of wind (or is that being mean..? 

Guess what - the weather men got it wrong... Can you Adam and Eve it?
So, .... today's challenges - rig up a decent UC support for the MX2, find some decent stuff to make my Yak 23 intake tube from, start the re-build of the Gloster wings..... Not a bad day after all. Sure as heck beats sitting in the office!
(Then I think I'll be joining Mowerman!!) 

Went down to the field this morning. But only did some throttle adjustments on my Pitts - too windy  The taking off and flying np problem - it is of course the getting down with the wind swirlling over the trees and creating murderous downdraft that the killer!

Came home to earn some brownie points and so can try again tomorrow

BEB 

Posted by ken anderson. on 08/10/2010 16:06:06:
nice few day's---where----today(friday) we have had Fog all day and rain......come back summer.........

ken anderson   ne...1

Come back what ????   Didn't recognise the word.

Overcast and mild here, had hoped to fly, but lots of things got in the way

There's an easy way to test the wind. Light a match, if it blows out, there is too much wind. If it doesn't blow out, there is not enough wind to clear the trees on take-off.

Posted by ken anderson. on 09/10/2010 17:41:42:
young asher's want's taking to court under the trade description's act....once again today (sat)has been a repeat of yesterday..........

ken anderson   at the north east outpost.......ne..1.

Not much different down here in the south east outpost, Ken...

Rather breezy, at about 45 degrees to the strip - so not entirely cross-wind. Fairly mild,  but dull, overcast and slightly misty.  In other words visibility moderate to poor.

Tomorrow afternoon looks to be breezy too, but sunny.

Nice and sunny on Sunday afternoon - but a bit too much wind for my electrics. Went out with my Sukhoi - and bent the landing gear as I got a nice gust of wind just at the right moment. My English flying records are not the best so far. Second time in a row landing gear damaged. So I packed my stuff away and went down to the grand union canal feeding the ducks
(from the bench of the Globe Inn of course- having a pint in front of me )