Mass build idea

David Gilder

Personally I'd like to do the Fizza or Whiszza.
I like the look fo the Pinto too. 
Not quite so easy on the eye as the Pinto, but another alternative must be the Webbit 

Edited By Chris Bott on 27/12/2010 16:50:44

Edited By Chris Bott on 27/12/2010 16:56:02

Posted by Chris Bott on 27/12/2010 16:48:23:
Personally I'd like to do the Fizza or Whiszza.
I like the look fo the Pinto too. 
Not quite so easy on the eye as the Pinto, but another alternative must be the Webbit 

Edited By Chris Bott on 27/12/2010 16:50:44

Edited By Chris Bott on 27/12/2010 16:56:02

I think it is the best suggestion so far, seems very sensible in an all round fashion.

I wonder how many of us are actually up for this? The thread has only been here for a short period when many may be doing family xmas things rather than looking in here.

Also I wonder of it's worth contacting any of the suppliers? I'm guessing that Steve Webb's for one might come up with a "special" price for us that would benefit everyone. Maybe we could get the suppliers undercutting each other  

Posted by Chris Bott on 27/12/2010 17:09:41:
I wonder how many of us are actually up for this? The thread has only been here for a short period when many may be doing family xmas things rather than looking in here.

Also I wonder of it's worth contacting any of the suppliers? I'm guessing that Steve Webb's for one might come up with a "special" price for us that would benefit everyone. Maybe we could get the suppliers undercutting each other  

I think the number will be greatly determined by the interest in the selected model.

I have my doubts if any suppliers would offer more than a token discount, but I might be pleasantly surprised. However it would be pretty pointless contacting them this early, as I imagine they will want numbers if they are willing to give more than a small discount.

When the model has been provisionally  chosen, then we should have numbers.

The more I see of the Webbit, the more I like it for this mass build.

Does this slideshow work?

Edited By Chris Bott on 27/12/2010 18:10:01

Posted by Chris Bott on 27/12/2010 18:08:21:
The more I see of the Webbit, the more I like it for this mass build.

Does this slideshow work?

Edited By Chris Bott on 27/12/2010 18:10:01

I don't think it works

Yeeeees!

1. It works

2. The Webbit works for me to! Nice and stable for pottering round - can do the biz for those that want it. Great suggestion Chris. And just £39 for the wood pack.

To be honest I would much prefer the Webbit to the Wasp - but then I'd prefer almost anything to the Wasp!

I've just noticed that Webbies are doing a "charity style" promo on the Webbit - offering donations of £5 or £10 for each Webbit built - with Steve Webb decals" and photographed flying - see here for details. This offers us a new angle - we could raise some number for a suitable charity along the way? What do you think guys? That could be a "clincher"?

Webbies are my LMS - I can ask if you like about how they would feel about it - could they supply the numbers. Only "in principle" stuff at this stage - just to judge their interest - or otherwise. What do you think?

BEB

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 27/12/2010 19:23:46:
Yeeeees!

1. It works

2. The Webbit works for me to! Nice and stable for pottering round - can do the biz for those that want it. Great suggestion Chris. And just £39 for the wood pack.

To be honest I would much prefer the Webbit to the Wasp - but then I'd prefer almost anything to the Wasp!

I've just noticed that Webbies are doing a "charity style" promo on the Webbit - offering donations of £5 or £10 for each Webbit built - with Steve Webb decals" and photographed flying - see here for details. This offers us a new angle - we could raise some number for a suitable charity along the way? What do you think guys? That could be a "clincher"?

Webbies are my LMS - I can ask if you like about how they would feel about it - could they supply the numbers. Only "in principle" stuff at this stage - just to judge their interest - or otherwise. What do you think?

BEB

As you could make an informal approach it might be worth it. It would be interesting to know rough list of what is needed to complete it too, it looks as if it is all stuff we would have on hand. Would also like more details like finished weight without motor and fuel tank, exact size etc.

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 27/12/2010 19:31:23:
I can certainly ask for those details - I'll probably be going in there Thursday or Friday. It might be easier to discuss this sort of thing "face to face".

BEB

It would also be nice to know if a full plan is included, such a pain to have to trace everything before building

Ok

Seems like quite a number are pushing for the Webbit!!!

I would be willing to use it but might have to buy a WaspE2K for comparison!!!!!  haa haaa!!

Mr Ashby.....      Would you be able to have a notice about this put into the magazine??
                           Requesting any other ideas!!!   (might be worth including the "rules")

Dave

I sent the wasp manufactures a mail this morning asking about price,maybe a discount for bulk buying kits and the fact their plane will be plastered all over RCME getting free advertising,just waiting fro a responce.

Posted by r6dan on 27/12/2010 20:49:39:
I sent the wasp manufactures a mail this morning asking about price,maybe a discount for bulk buying kits and the fact their plane will be plastered all over RCME getting free advertising,just waiting fro a responce.

No, it'll be plastered all over this web forum with possibly a photo of those that come along to the Greenacres June fly-in in the follow-up mag event report. Guys, please don't promise 'RCM&E coverage' if sourcing kits. We just can't keep other people's promises that's all.   

Mr Gilder - yes can possibly give this idea a mention in forthcoming news pages.

Don't take all that the wrong way mind, great idea, sounds fun,
let's see what develops 

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 27/12/2010 23:06:53

How about an Ugly Stik - probably one of the best original (c 1966) designs around? Relatively easy build, plans are available and it can be of anything from a small park flyer size to a monster size in electric or IC It could be expanded to include ARTF's (lots out there from simple cheap electric to huge IC ones) and SPAD models too And most importantly they fly really well for beginner or expert alike...

Edited By Tim Morton on 28/12/2010 08:08:05

I like the Webbit too,I would be happy to build one of those too