Biggles' Mess

Got all the 'paperwork' done for the Ta152 but have had a load of bits arrive at long last to convert all my airbrushes over to 1/8th BSP with quick release fittings on the hoses so I can change brushes in seconds rather than unscrewing things and particularly with a couple of them changing hoses as they have 5mm fittings.

Why some airbrush manufacturers persist with 5mm and other fits when it would be so easy for them to standardise on 1/8 BSP I dont know, 1/8 BSP means a larger bore hose and delivers more air faster than those small bore 5mm things and your compressor doesnt have to work so hard either.

The air receiver is about 4 litres and made from an old Co2 fire extinguisher bottle so good thick steel, I tapped and fitted three 1/8th BSP male/male fittings on the side with the input where the outlet used to be at one end of the bottle, the centre fitting has a 3 way adaptor so plenty of outputs,saves having to stop to clean brushes when you want to change colour.

The hoses can be left connected to the bottle as the quick release fittings on the other end have a screw valve to stop the air flow when the brush is disconnected which again is a great help and time saver.

Advert

Two mates are sitting by the canal fishing when a funeral courtage' passes over a bridge, one of the blokes stands up,removes his cap and bows his head, after the cars have passed he replaces his cap,sits down and carries on fishing.

His mate says'you know Fred that is the most respectful thing I have ever seen you do' and Fred just says 'well its only right really, we were married for 35 years...........'

Very good.

How about this one..

A duck goes into a bar and up to the barman. "Have you got any ham sandwiches?" he askes.

"No we don't do them" is the reply and the duck leaves.

The next day, at lunch time, the duck returns and says to the barman "I'd like a ham sandwich please."

"I told you, we don't have ham sandwiches, get out." the barman replies, so the duck leaves.

The following lunchtime, duck is hungry and goes back to the pub. He waddles up to the bar, gets the barman's attention and asks "Have you got any sandwiches - I'd like a ham one?"

The barman retorts angrily "I've told you we don't do them. If you ask for ham sandwiches again I'm going to get a hammer and nail your webbed feet to the floor."

The duck is a little disconcerted and leaves the establishment.

The next day duck is passing again, and it being lunchtime is somewhat hungry, so he goes into the pub and up to the bar. He askes the barman "have you got any nails?"

The barman is puzzled and replies "No, I haven't"

"Well can I have a ham sandwich please?"

A piece of string enters a pub. Strolls up to the barman and orders a whiskey.

Soon after another rpiece of string enters, goes to the bar and asks the barman for a double whiskey.

An hour later a third piece of string walks in and ,again ,orders a whiskey.

Two hours pass by a fourth piece of string walks in and goes up to the bar. The barman says," I suppose you want a whiskey as well?"

The string replies, "Er, no, I'm afraid not!"

• 2 weeks later...

this is how to check your prop blades etc--- we were out for a walk the other evening and came across these two lads......look close at the blade-bet he isn't on the minimum wage? ... some idea of the height can be gained from looking at the van parked at the base....no nerve's.....

wp_20140916_007.jpg

ken Anderson...ne...1.....spot the man dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 20/09/2014 18:40:14

Posted by John Privett on 20/09/2014 21:35:13:

The harbour at Blyth, unless I'm mistaken? Didn't somebody tell me those wind turbines were being scrapped? Or is that a new one?

Yes Blyth harbour.

Their were originally 9 smaller turbines along the outer pier that have now been took off over a year ago and supposedly they were to be replaced with 7 new ones the same size as the one in the picture above but so far nothing?????????????

baz

Good day Ken, : '' this is how to check your prop blades etc--- we were out for a walk the other evening and came across these two lads......look close at the blade-bet he isn't on the minimum wage? ... some idea of the height can be gained from looking at the van parked at the base....no nerve's.....''

Jo : I wonder which kind of prop balancers used by installers ?? teeth 2....

Cheers

Jo

Posted by ken anderson. on 22/09/2014 09:33:43:

going along with the new changes that are been made to the car tax disc........check out this---to see if a car is taxed etc...you can find out if you old car is now a paper weight(no longer roadworthy) ..

ken Anderson ne..1 ...... tin box dept.

Didn't spot it at first Ken (down the bottom) Here is a more direct link

Edited By Craig Carr on 22/09/2014 18:21:12

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anybody else noticed a lack of flying insects this autumn?

Here in mid Derbyshire it was rare to get a moth or daddy long legs on the window of a late evening. No wasps, few mozzies.

Similar (I guess related to the lack of insects) no swallows. 4 years ago there were lots squealing and reeling about, last year only about half a dozen and this year there were 2 in late spring but after a few weeks disappeared.

almost no wasps or flies down here in boggy regis this year. we have got a butterfly keep apppearing around the eaves of our second floor flat, it was about again this morning. this happens every year so i dont think it can be the same one very odd, the wind is gusting quite hard so he must be having a hard time getting about

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...