PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

Posted by Alan Gorham_ on 09/09/2019 22:06:15:

Camberra

What a picture this is Mark! It could be Roly Falk approaching over the black sheds at Farnborough in 195something.

I hope Peter sees this and smiles...

Of course it would have been Roland Beamont who was the English Electric test pilot and not Roly Falk who was at Avro! Slapped wrist.....

• 2 weeks later...

PSSA The Great Orme 7th September 2019 - at the NW Cafe Slope.

A380

Tim Mackey's A380 scale slope glider that has 4x engine pods that come off when landing, they knock off on first contact with the grass.

Watch the video of the A380 landing from a high slope altitude to a landing by his feet.

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 25/09/2019 12:52:50

• 2 weeks later...

As we approach the weekend there’s just 1 week to go before we stage our final planned PSSA Fly-In of the season – 12/13th October!

Once again the Great Orme at Llandudno beckons, and the usual weather watch is already well underway. If all goes to plan we will meet at the Tank Track car park for the daily brief at 10am.

Sunset formation flying 2

Attendance is usually very strong as we bring our event season to a close, so get your models readied and I look forward to seeing you up there!!

group shot sept 19 forum.jpg

I'm afraid based on the forecast when we retired last night we put out a cancellation note on social media for any formal meet today, the rain was persistent until 3pm - although I believe from a local source the weather did become flyable from then on. Truth be told many of our members travel an awfully long way to fly with us on the Orme and at 3pm on a Sunday its not uncommon for folk to be making a move, so I think cancellation was the right call...

Of course we filled our boots on the Saturday with busy skies all day and an attendance as big as any PSSA event I can recall - brilliant stuff! A great way to end the season, a really memorable day set on the most favoured SW slope with perfect conditions, and in great company! Thanks to everyone who took part!

I've included a few highlight photos of my own, there will be a full write up and more photos on the PSSA website soon! Of course we'd love to see anyone else's photos from the day, do please post them here - there was so much going on it was impossible to appreciate all that took place!

forumormeoct191.jpg

forumormeoct192.jpg

forumormeoct193.jpg

forumormeoct194.jpg

forumormeoct195.jpg